We are seeking a Senior UNIX Administrator to support ALTESS Government customer in Radford, VA.
This position is for a Systems Administrator for a mixed and growing environment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Solaris UNIX. This position will work with the existing UNIX team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers for a mixed customer environment. This position will plan, execute and implement new system hardware and software and create and maintain team technical instructions, operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring and tuning system performance, ongoing operation of the servers, hardening of the servers and reporting of the overall security and operational status. The position will also recommend improvements to the enterprise, and manage new software/hardware integrations when required. The position will need excellent communication and team skills. This position will provide support towards the lifecycle of a mixed environment of vendor equipment in the datacenter to include firmware version control and periodic preventive maintenance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• SELinux – understand the basic and advanced management and configuration of SELinux
• Scripting – be able to automate daily tasks when required
• Patching – understand how to apply security updates to systems via YUM and RPM
• Networking – have demonstrated experience using VLANs, troubleshooting tools such as ip, netstat, ss and telnet as well as how to harden a system using firewalld/iptables and hosts.allow
• User Mgmt – be able to manage a large pool of local users through the command line
• System Hardening – have exposure to or understanding of the DISA STIG or its commercial equivalent and be able to demonstrate experience in system hardening and auditing
• Virtualization – have demonstrated ability using VMWare and be able to maintain and build systems from templates or from scratch via system ISO file. Know how to access a VM from the console and perform troubleshooting where necessary
• Storage – understand SAN/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs), logical volume management (LVM), & NFS and how to utilize all of those in the OS
• Services – understand how SFTP/SMTP/NTP and DNSSEC work and have a demonstrated working understanding of how to configure and maintain each
• Team Work/Communication – demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills as well as the ability to analyze and solve complex problems. This should include experience in designing, documenting and writing deliverable plans for enterprise implementations using Microsoft Office products such as MS Project and MS Visio.
• CompTIA Security+
• CompTIA Linux+ or RHCSA or RHCE
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Perl scripting, kickstart, jumpstart, configuration management tools (puppet, ansible, chef), Solaris IPS, Solaris AI, git, iLO / DRAC configuration.
• Understanding of Data Center technologies and experience with maintaining a Data Center for a medium to large data center, develop best practices for maintaining firmware and drivers required to sustain a high availability of systems.
• Bachelors in relevant field (or equivalent experience)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret clearance