Performs network design, development and troubleshooting, as well as system performance analysis and design.
• Responsible for network monitoring and maintenance, configuration management, network support and problem resolution, system performance analysis and evaluation, performance metrics analysis, and failure analysis on ASW program.
• Interfaces with customers, developers and support programs to ensure optimal flow of communications between subsystems.
• Expected to significantly contribute to the design and planning of network communications systems to include specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture on multiple programs.
• Perform evaluation and make recommendations on network hardware and software selections, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet tactical programmatic needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• Conduct performance and failover testing of network devices and their impact to system stability.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware/software interconnection and interfaces – such as firewalls, routers, switches, gateways, middleware, etc. and all OSI layer 1/2/3/4 functionality involved.
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance capabilities of the network system performance and monitoring.
Required Skills and Experience
• Network Integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards
• Experience analyzing VLANs, spanning-tree, routing (static and dynamically implemented protocols), ACLs, IP addressing and subnetting
• Knowledge of packet analysis tools such as Wireshark or Sniffers
Desired Skills and Experience
• Network development and integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards including: TCP/IP, HSRP/VRRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, RSTP (802.1w), MSTP (802.1s), DHCP, 802.1q tagging, multicast, PAgP or LACP (EtherChannel), QoS and Active-Active technologies (vPC and IRF)
• Strong network troubleshooting and problem identification
• Familiarity with network device vendors such as Cisco, HP and Arista. Excellent technical, interpersonal, presentation, and problem management skills
• Familiarity with 1/10/25/40/100 Gig protocols, serial and satellite links, cable standards, and optical specifications/requirements.
• Familiarity with Linux, SNMP, Python and Bash is a plus
• Knowledge of TCP/UDP protocol packet format desirable
• Knowledge of Software Define Networking using OVS is a plus
• Knowledge of VxLAN is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Strong communication skills
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
• Secret clearance (Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance).