Perform integration tasks merging complex hardware solutions with custom non-commercial software programs. The ideal candidate will be a proficient LINUX engineer to write scripts/utilities for the development of complex military systems. Install newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages. Isolate the source of system operational performance deficiencies to either software or hardware problems. Test and debug custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Debug, troubleshoot, and develop utilities to resolve software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
• Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source tool suites.
• Perform and support system hardware assembly and software integration in a laboratory environment and at customer locations.
• Follow and execute procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
• Strong experience at the Linux command line.
• Integrate software and hardware in complex systems.
• Strong communication skills with developers to explain integration/test results with developers.
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Troubleshooting HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
• Understanding of automated build processes/practices and code management techniques.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five years professional experience.
• Willingness to occasionally work 2nd shift.
• Familiarity with SONAR operations is desirable.
• Willingness to work overtime.
• Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
• Secret clearance (Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance).