We are seeking Service Desk Technicians to serve our DoD customer in Arlington, VA. We are seeking highly motivated, innovative professionals to provide excellent Help Desk solutions. The Service Desk Technicians will work in a team environment to assist in supporting JSP end users.
• Provides first tier support, as well as telephone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard windows desktop COTS/GOTS applications, and custom applications. Troubleshoots desktop computer and other device hardware and software problems.
• Evaluating, prioritizing, solving, and escalating all tickets to the appropriate Tier Support, and/or correcting the assignment of tickets as required
• Maintaining ownership of service tickets throughout the life span of the support request
• Assigning ticket severity by walking customers through a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the severity and nature of reported IT problems
• Updating and maintaining service work notes
• Establishing a high level of personal credibility and building strong relationships
• Consulting with immediate supervisor or higher-level IT specialists on possible solutions
• Coordinating with technicians to provide status updates to outstanding tickets
• Collaborating and following up with technicians to resolve requests, and provide status updates on outstanding support tickets
• Providing updates, status, and completion information to management
• Following-up with users/customers to ensure resolution of issues, closing tickets only when the resolution to the issue has been reached, to the satisfaction of the user/customer.
• Participating in workshops, seminars, or other events as required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Government, contract or supervisors in coordination with the SLA’s.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 4 years of professional experience supporting PC hardware and software systems.
• Experience with Remedy7.1 preferred
• Current CompTIA Security+
• HDI Desktop Support Technician or A+ Certification
• Associates degree or vendor certification in the technology being applied such as Microsoft MCP, MCT, MTA or Novell CNE" Certification
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Secret clearance