Dev Ops Engineer Job Description: We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps engineer to support the architecture, development, and testing of a next-generation system that enables our customers to rapidly field new capabilities to combat the latest threats presented to the DoD and international customers. Our team’s mission is as follows:
• Integrate software, hardware, and data science to advance the infrastructure implemented in our mission critical technology.
• Research and develop new and/or advancing technological systems to bring solutions that push the limits of feasibility to our products, our systems, and our customers.
This system may include concepts such as secure High Availability (HA) cloud-based storage and orchestration solutions, advanced networking and Big Data processing concepts in support of projects related to sonar & undersea systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The most urgent need is for a Dev Ops engineer with the following skills:
• Technical engagements and presentations with internal leadership
• Working with and delegating a small to medium-sized agile team
• Architecting a cloud-based Linux system that supports a variety of application footprints
• Rapid evaluation of technology viability with internal leadership and external customer.
• High degree of proficiency implementing algorithms in two of the following: (C, NodeJS, Python, C++, Java)
• Proficient in functional or object-oriented programming
• Experience in architecting/developing cloud-based Linux systems that supports a variety of application footprints (Bare Metal, Virtualized, Containerized)
• Experience with micro-service or lambda-based architectures
• Ability to rapidly evaluate viability of new technologies
• Experience in systems engineering, integration and test
• 3 or more year’s current experience in a Dev Ops role (7-10 years’ experience preferred).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Hands on experience in three or more of the following areas:
• Architecting/developing medium to large scale HA cloud-based Linux systems to support different application footprints (Bare Metal, Virtualized, Containerized)
• Medium to large scale Cloud-based system orchestration via a Kubernetes-based (or similar) stack
• Software defined networking (SDN)
• Distributed Storage (i.e., HDFS, CEph, Gluster)
• Big Data processing (Hadoop, Spark.
• Messaging Middleware
• RESTful service development
• Automated build and system deployment (Cobbler, Ansible/Puppet)
• Familiarity with undersea/submarine systems & missions
• Experience in Agile methods
• Familiarity with model-based systems engineering, SysML and related tools (MagicDraw, Rhapsody or other)
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Secret clearance required (Candidate must be U.S. citizen with an active DoD Secret level security clearance)