Seeking a Network Engineer to support a government customer in Frederick, MD. We are seeking a highly motivated, technology driven professional.
Engineering Support: This individual will provide support for communications-electronics and information technology, integrations and continued sustainment for customer requirements ranging in value from a few hundred dollars to multi-million dollar purchases.
This individual will work with highly specialized, state-of-the-art, telecommunications and classified IT network systems. The contractor shall gather requirements, and preforms requirements analysis, for telecommunications projects. The contractor shall plan network and telecommunication network installations, including cost projections, review contractor submittals and drawings for technical suitability, review and approve contractor work during field inspections, apply an extensive knowledge of the field of electronics engineering as well as expert knowledge of an assigned specialty area.
The Network Engineer must possess experience designing voice and data WAN/LAN network architectures, and possess Project Management experience in leading telecommunication infrastructure projects, including telecommunications room design, rack and row layout, power and HVAC calculations, grounding and bonding, and shielding.
The Network Engineer shall perform and/or lead maintenance and/or installation efforts involving modifications to complex subsystems or a major category of equipment, e.g., switching or transmission equipment for a nationwide communications network, or an equivalent type of system or equipment. The Network Engineer will apply an extensive knowledge of electronics engineering principles, methods, and techniques, as well as functioning as an expert in a particular subject matter or functional area and devise methods and procedures that become established precedents for the activity.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of five years Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering
• Military Field experience - major Plus
• Experience designing outside plant telecommunications infrastructure
• Experience designing Voice over Internet Protocol architectures
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Telecommunications room design to be compliant with CNSSAM TEMPEST 1/13 and ICD 704.
• Familiar with BICSI standards and current industry accepted practices.
• Experience developing red/black separation IT distribution.
• Experience with electrical drawings in AutoCAD and or MicroStation.
• Experience programming and configuring Cisco routers and switches.
• Experience designing Radio over Internet Protocol architectures.
• Experience with WAN to satellite protocol conversion.
• Experience with OC-3/T3/T1 as well as ATM & Frame Relay WAN architectures.
• Experience with Type 1 HAIPE encryptors, FIPS 140-2 VPN’s, and DISA STIG’s.
• Bachelors in relevant field (or equivalent experience)
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active Top Secret clearance required; TS/SCI preferred