Perform LINUX programming tasks for the development of complex military and space systems. Install newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages. Isolate the source of system operational performance deficiencies to either software or hardware problems. Test, debug, and modify custom software applications as part of a team working an overall systems software development and improvement process. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Develop LINUX code and custom software to support software and hardware operability.
• Create LINUX scripts in support of software integration in a laboratory environment.
• Provide support for troubleshooting HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues.
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and isolate problems found during testing in a Linux environment and create detailed bug reports.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience working in an Agile/Sprint release planning environment including depth of understanding of providing impact analysis on testing as Sprint and releases are introduced to the integration environment.
• Experience at the Linux command line.
• Experience interfacing to RESTful APIs using JSON or XML messaging such as Sinatra (Ruby).
• Sound knowledge of Java/C++ development and how it relates to testing.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
• Proactive/self-starter. Task-driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player who takes ownership and develops relationships with team members which fosters team success.
• Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift when required.
• A DoD Secret level clearance is required to start.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.