Perform electrical and system engineering tasks for present and future US Navy submarine imaging periscope systems to include: researching, developing, designing, and testing electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Develops designs for electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic use. Performs trade studies, design and technology assessments for emerging technologies. Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design, develop, integrate and test analog designs.
• Model and simulate to optimize designs and to incorporate design margins.
• Perform design analysis, technology assessments, and trade studies.
• Specify and select COTS, ROTS, NDI and / or custom components.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with requirements derivation and capture.
• Experience with complex systems development and evaluation.
• Experience with interface requirements and component level requirements.
• Experience implementing and customizing common commercial and open source products.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Processing and recording UAV/satellite/other camera images
• Thermal imaging
• Laser imaging
• Digital imaging
• Optic processing
• Strong communication skills to explain design issues and solutions.
• Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Imaging Sciences or related discipline from a Technical University or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
• Proactive/self-starter. Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
• A DoD Secret level clearance is required to start.
• Bachelor’s degree in Imaging Sciences or related discipline from a Technical University or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.