The Senior Proposal Specialist will provide multiple clients with expert proposal management and writing support. On a project-by-project basis, the Senior Proposal Specialist will be responsible for overall leadership, management, and direction of the range of activities associated with the proposal development process from pre-RFP to final production, in close conjunction with our clients. The ideal candidate can be “dual hatted” as a manager and writer on smaller proposals.
• Collaborate closely with client representatives throughout proposal process to ensure clients are satisfied with quality of proposal work
• Assist capture managers in the strategy, win themes, competitive analysis, or gap analysis associated with a given proposal
• Lead the preparation and delivery of all proposal volumes and other required proposal deliverables.
• Prepare detailed proposal outline and defines the proposal schedule from kickoff to final production
• Run all proposal meetings, including kickoffs, daily stand-ups, and color teams
• Delegate responsibilities and resources to proposal personnel
• Integrate the efforts of all involved technical, management, contracts, pricing, and business staff with proposal team staff, and of proposal team staff with production staff
• Issue effective proposal instructions and memoranda to proposal team staff
• Control implementation of proposal strategy, including theme, discriminator, proof point, and ghost implementation
• Write or assist with writing persuasive proposal sections, including management plans, past performance, technical approach, and resumes
• Interview SMEs with the ability to turn complex technical information into proposal prose
• Engage in other responsibilities as identified by leadership or clients
• Assist with internal tasks during gaps in support to client proposals
• This is a direct hire, full-time position with benefits.
Required Skills and Experience
• History of successful proposals worked across Government agencies and deep understanding of the logistics and operations of complex proposals
• Knowledgeable in business development and the Federal procurement processes.
• Strong ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and provide guidance and direction to proposal teams
• Demonstrated leadership skills and “command presence”: excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and be a self-starter, and ability to multitask
• Expert usage of MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• Must be able to commute to client offices around the NCR and work long and unusual hours based on volume of work
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven record of successful business development, capture management and/or proposal management experience.