C++ Software Developer creates solutions to complex problems with the end user/client in mind. The ideal candidate has gained experience with the full software development lifecycle in an object-oriented analysis and design environment. The Developer will be responsible for performing system software development tasks and activities to include:
• Develops C++ software programs for complex military and space systems
• Installs and tests new and legacy developed software enhancement and improvement packages
• Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications
• Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
• Supports software integration activities
• Work with cross-functional engineering teams in conducting system/software analysis and design
• Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Candidate must be to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
• Basic commands
• Scripting (bash, python, etc.)
• Experience with Sysvinit and Systemd
• Experience with modifying kernel settings, ulimits, etc.
• Experience with VxWorks real-time operating system
• Develop custom C++ software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
• Use data structures, software engineering, OOD, C++ programing techniques and algorithms to write, debug and test code
• Performs software integration in a laboratory environment
• Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
• Follows direction of software development team leads
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with Wind River specialized embedded O/S, virtualization platforms and development tools
• Strong Debugging skills
1. Dmesg, Ispci, Isof, netstat, etc.
3. Jconsole, jvisualvm
• Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
• System-level & architecture concepts
2. Basic networking (UDP/TCP, interface management, sub-interfaces, etc.)
3. NTP and time distribution
4. DHCP and IP distribution
5. NFS and filesystem distribution
• Version control & Automation experience
1. Basic concepts of branching and merging
2. git / gerrit / Jenkins
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and three to five year’s professional experience
• Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
• Task driven with ability to work independently
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success
• May require minimal travel
• Must have DoD Secret clearance before beginning work
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.