Performs system software development tasks and activities to include:
• Develops Java software programs for complex military systems.
• Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
• Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software applications.
• Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
• Supports software integration activities.
• Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Develops custom Java software code, debugs, troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
• Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
• Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery, checkout, test, etc.
• Follows direction of software development team leads.
• Experience with Java Object Oriented programming, Java Swing, Java FX, Linux, Git, Eclipse
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues.
• Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
• Experience with JavaFX
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and three to five year’s professional experience.
• Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to support business needs.
• Task driven with ability to work independently.
• Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.