|Back to Search Results
Warehouse Associate - Grainger
In this full-time role, you will perform tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety behavioral and attendance expectations. Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Grainger
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you will be able to develop your talents, and make a difference.
Performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of product while meeting productivity, quality, safety, behavioral and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes with a distribution center.
· Safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety and attendance.
· Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
· Complies with Grainger policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product.
· Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
· Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing Grainger’s quality system.
· Must be able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust and work around moving equipment.
· Must have a minimum of 6-12 months warehouse or related experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Able to meet productivity, quality, safety, and attendance requirements.
· Able to do continuous lifting up to 75 pounds and be able to operate warehouse vehicles and material handling equipment.
· Able to operate computerized scanning equipment.
· Able to work in a team environment.
· Must be customer service oriented
· Possess good attention to ensure accuracy and quality
· Must be willing to operate POWER INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT as needed at various height levels
· Must have the ability to communicate improvement opportunities as well as concerns within the process
· Must be self-motivated and performance driven
· The efficiency and effectiveness of this position directly impacts customer satisfaction and profitability. Position must operate in compliance with OSHA and Hazardous Materials guidelines.
Please note, this location can be difficult to get to without a personal vehicle.