Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as a Director, Business Development Transaction Management.
The Director negotiates contracts for new business and existing clients in coordination with Cenlar’s Corporate Legal team.
- Reviews and coordinates with all internal business stakeholders contract terms for prospective clients.
- Negotiates contracts and follows up with all Cenlar departments, as necessary, for issues identified by the prospect.
- Coordinates between Legal and Business Development to vet terms identified during contract negotiation.
- Tracks contract language changes and approvals from all internal business stakeholders during contract negotiations.
- Identifies differences of standard agreement to final agreement to identify contract differences for pricing, risk, and operational review and discussion at Deal Team.
- Creates term sheets for all new deals identifying business terms and requirements of the transaction, changes to standard contractual terms, and customized business reporting and processes for distribution to internal business stakeholders.
- Prepares transaction overview including pricing terms for Executive approval.
- Creates transaction file coordinating all deal elements, including business opportunity, pricing, and operational requirements.
- Reviews of all miscellaneous servicing documents initiated by clients, including Security Agreements, MSR financing documents, advance line funding documents, interim servicing agreements, etc.
- Coordinates negotiation of terms of miscellaneous servicing documents with client, their attorneys, their financiers or security holders and trustees, and any other party to the agreements as required.
- Coordinates with Investor Reporting and Corporate Accounting terms for remitting and reporting as required of each of the miscellaneous servicing documents.
- Identifies differences in miscellaneous servicing documents that could cause additional risk or additional costs to Cenlar and works with pricing team, as needed.
- Updates Salesforce with all legal documents and dates.
- Creates weekly pipeline report of miscellaneous servicing documents and timeline for completion/closing and meets with stakeholders to ensure timely execution for Cenlar and client.
- Obtains signatures for all documents and coordinates with legal for tracking.
- Coordinates listing of new agreements for annual RegAB attestation.
- Coordinates Cenlar semi-annual review of Cenlar operational SLAs.
- Represents Business Development, as appropriate, at prospect sales meetings, client visits, national trade association meetings, and/or other regional or national forums.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as requested by Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Seasoned mortgage servicing professional with a minimum of 10 years of mortgage banking experience
- Solid Servicing background including a deep knowledge of servicing activities and requirements
- Knowledge of Production Operations and Secondary Marketing activities a strong plus
- Experience reviewing and negotiating legal contracts
- Resourceful and aggressive; Ability to research all facets of the industry through the internet, newspapers, and industry journals
- Must work well independently, make decisions, prepare information, and organize projects
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO.
Visit www.cenlar.com for more details.
Please apply online.