Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as an Unclaimed Property Specialist II.
The Unclaimed Property Research Specialist roles are responsible for supporting all the Unclaimed Property and Escheat functions and must operate according to State Escheat Laws and guidelines. The primary responsibility of these roles are include the processing, monitoring and releasing of unclaimed property, in relation to homeowner and mortgage related disbursements and State Escheat filings and remittance. These roles will handle both the inbound and outbound Unclaimed Property phone line, monitor the UCP email box, fax line and US Postal mail and will be responsible for working and collaborating with individual Servicing business units to ensure proper resolutions and guidelines are adhered to in relation to compliance and risk parameters.
- Researches outstanding aged/stale dated check data from various clearing/operating accounts to begin the unclaimed property life cycle
- Supports the workflow of Unclaimed Property search and due diligence letters, from mailing through receipt of return
- Processes, monitors and releases unclaimed property in relation to homeowner disbursements
- Maintains Unclaimed Property tracking data/software, including daily and monthly updates and reconciliation of data back to operating/clearing account outstanding check tables
- Handles inbound and outbound phone calls that come in on the Unclaimed Property phone line, including voicemail retrieval and call back
- Reviews incoming mail from all channels, US Postal, email box and UCP fax line. Facilitate Unclaimed Property check reissuance.
- Supports Escheat State filings and remittances, operating in accordance with individual State Escheat laws, guidelines and timelines.
- Collaborates with internal departments relative to all Unclaimed Property/Escheatment matters
- Researches and clears outstanding reissued checks and miscellaneous daily/monthly account differences. Works in conjunction with Reconciliation Accountant to identify and resolve reconciling exception items
- Assists and provides support to Business Analyst and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs
- Assists with documentation of new and revised departmental procedures, in accordance with Company standards
- Maintains broad system knowledge, stays current on all system enhancements, identifies opportunities for improving processes and departmental workflow
- Assists with all audit and regulatory requests related to Unclaimed Property/Escheatment
- Works special projects, as assigned
- High School degree or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience of 1-2 years in Mortgage Servicing and/or Unclaimed Property preferred
- Customer Service/Call Center experience a plus.
- Strong problem solving/resolution and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to meet stringent deadlines/timelines
- Commitment to excellent customer service skills and resolving issues at the first point of contact
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work on several priorities at a given time
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of BKFS Servicing system a plus
- Takes initiative to improve processes and work with team members to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ensures standards, processes and procedures are adhered to, with strict attention to compliance standards
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a team environment
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO .
Visit www.cenlar.com for more details.
Please apply online .