Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as a Fraud Investigator.
The Fraud Investigator reports directly to the Financial Crimes Team Supervisor. The Investigator is responsible for monitoring accounts in accordance with defined parameters, performing investigations, documenting findings, making recommendations as to whether a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed, recommending actions related to fraudulent accounts, ensuring fraudulent accounts are reported to the appropriate business units and investors (as required), assisting with company training programs and performing other Financial Crimes related activities.
- Ensures compliance with the bank’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC Policies, Identify Theft and Red Flag Program and procedures and the applicable federal regulations to protect the company from being used as a conduit for illegal activity
- Performs investigations pursuant to customer due diligence and suspicious activity monitoring programs; documents results of investigations; maintains necessary records and files per regulatory and bank requirements to ensure efficient and consistent reporting of investigations
- Researches, analyzes, and investigates customer/borrower account behavior for potential mortgage fraud and money laundering activity referred by internal departments; gathers raw data and evidence, rationalizes results, draws conclusions, prepares comprehensive and appropriate documentation, and makes a recommendation as to whether or not a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed
- Researches, analyzes, and investigates alerts generated by transaction monitoring reports (i.e. principal curtailment payments, international wire transfers, early payment default loans, revolving line of credit account payments and draws, etc.) for potential mortgage fraud and money laundering; gathers raw data and evidence, rationalizes results, draws conclusions, prepares comprehensive and appropriate documentation, and makes a recommendation as to whether or not a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed
- Performs 90-day SAR follow-up reviews; makes a recommendation as to whether or not a continuing activity SAR should be filed
- Develops comprehensive, logical narratives and files SARs with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) as directed within regulatory timeframes and in accordance with BSA/AML compliance policies and procedures.
- Documents all investigations and recommendations as to whether a SAR should be filed within the departmental case management system accurately and timely to ensure current and accurate reporting to Board and committees
- Provides investigation results and supporting documentation to client BSA/AML contacts, GSEs, HUD and to law enforcement as requested
- Performs new customer verifications under the bank’s Customer Identification Program (CIP) requirements for purchase loans and assumptions
- Assists with developing training content and updates and with providing training where necessary
- Assists in responding to regulatory inquiries
- Participates in external BSA/AML training and remains abreast of applicable laws and regulations related to BSA
- Performs other BSA/AML/OFAC compliance related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in BSA/AML/ OFAC regulations and fraud investigations
- CAMS or CAFP certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access, as well as other applications and software utilized by the department
- Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, and ability to write concise and factual investigative reports
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and conduct investigations in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to work collaboratively across various departments
- Must be able to work independently
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO .
Visit www.cenlar.com for more details.
Please apply online .