Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as a Bankruptcy Administrator
- Maintain and monitor assigned workload.
- Work in conjunction with attorneys, government agencies, investors, insurers, master servicers, and debtors in order to best service loans in bankruptcy.
- Interact with mortgagors or their attorneys, bankruptcy trustees, designated counsel, clients and other involved parties.
- Ensure compliance with all guidelines and requirements set forth by government agencies, private investors, master servicers and bankruptcy laws.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to bankruptcy phone inquiries.
- Identify, distribute and/or process all mail.
- Categorize and identify time sensitive correspondence from individuals and entities to ensure compliance and minimize risk of penalties and other legal issues.
- Apply unapplied suspense to bankruptcy loans daily.
- Upload, refer and ensure timely filing of escrow and arm letters.
- Perform equity reviews to establish property values.
- Obtain needed information and respond to requests for payoff fees and costs.
- Manage process for new loan conversions and the de-conversion of existing loans.
- Manage bankruptcy milestone process.
- Order and proactively follow-up on documents or required information.
- Monitor vendor invoices to ensure prompt and accurate payment.
- Proactively utilize reports to organize and maintain a smooth work flow to ensure compliance with bankruptcy timeframes and departmental procedures.
- Continually prioritize tasks to improve scorecard performance and to achieve individual, client, investor and departmental production goals; adapt priorities based on changing demands of caseload.
- Inform supervisor of issues with the reports, vendor related tasks or other tools that prevent work from being completed efficiently or effectively.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service skills preferred
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO .
Visit www.cenlar.com for more details.
Please apply online