Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as a Business Control Manager.
This role is responsible for the operational risk coverage of the Transfer Operations department within the Borrower Operations COE. The Transfer Operations department is responsible for integrating new clients to Cenlar’s subservicing environment, liaising with servicing business units and third-parties regarding client portfolio transfers, managing all facets of new loan flow originations from clients onto the servicing platform, and ensuring data quality on all newly boarded loans.
Roles and responsibilities within Cenlar’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework are assigned across three lines of defense in alignment with industry standards and ORM best practices regarding the implementation of an enterprise-wide RCSA. The Business Control Manager (BCM) reports to a Business Control Director in order to equip the business with the risk expertise and resource capability to meet Cenlar’s goal of managing risks, complying with regulatory requirements, and meeting contractual obligations. The BCM continuously assesses and improves the business’ control environment to ensure its risk management capability. In coordination with Business Function leaders, the BCM is responsible and accountable for managing inherent risk and managing the business functions’ overall control environment.
- Drives the execution of Cenlar’s risk agenda within the Business Function(s) including, but not limited to:
- RCSA - Continuously assesses risks and evaluates ability to effectively mitigate risks leveraging Cenlar’s RCSA program
- Drives the continuous improvement of business control performance and risk mitigation through the on-going RCSA program execution
- Continuously monitors and tests risk and control profile
- Assesses inherent risks of business operations and evaluate the effectiveness of controls
- Proactively identifies control deficiencies
- Continuously updates control ratings as changes occur, new issues, closed issues, and new processes
- Performs continuous monitoring of new issues and conducts Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Compliance testing to determine underlying control deficiencies/breakdowns
- Links new issues to controls to determine impact to residual risk
- Conducts timely evaluations of controls linked to compliance requirements
- Conducts timely and complete updates of Cenlar’s risk system of record (ProcessUnity)
- Maintains the business risk and control profile leveraging the RCSA process to ensure new process changes, regulatory changes, and technology changes are updated appropriately and timely
- Facilitates annual RCSA reassessment and attestation (control book)
- Issue Management - Drives effective and timely issue remediation through the execution of the Issue Management Program
- Ensures proactive identification of materialized issues
- Creates Effective Management Action Plans (MAPs) to remediate issues
- Researches and prepares root cause analysis of new issues with business
- Understands the business impacts of new issues to effectively rate their severity
- Evaluates new issues to determine business response based on business risk appetite and Cenlar Issue Management guidelines:
- Evaluates low severity issues to determine appropriateness of Fast Track eligibility and leads the preparation and processing of Fast Tracking requests
- Leads the creation of remediation MAPs and MAP activities to address root cause of open issues or linkage to pre-existing MAPs when appropriate
- Prepares and processes Risk Acceptance requests
- Drives Issue Management through successful completion within IM program KRI SLAs
- Performs on-going monitoring of MAP progress towards remediation target date and MAP activity milestones
- Provides progress updates to business management and status updates to Issues Management using ProcessUnity
- Proactively identifies potential barriers to meeting target dates
- Prepares and submits MAP extension requests, when appropriate
- Ensures closed issues successfully passing AVT Validations and Sustainability and demonstrates improved controls as a result of closed issues
- Risk Engagement - Drives business relationship with all risk related stakeholders (internal & external) on behalf business function, but not limited to:
- Actively engages with internal/external risk stakeholders
- Liaises with Cenlar’s Policies and Procedures (P&P) team to ensure risks and controls are appropriately reflected within department procedures and Business Function Procedures (BFPs)
- Liaises with Internal Audit and Exam Management to satisfy any requests for risk and control information during audits and examinations and coordinates management responses into MAPs for submission to auditors and examiners
- Liaises with testing partners (QA, QC, and Compliance) to analyze root cause of testing results and suggest remediation activity
- Liaises with Audit validation team to satisfy evidence requests for validating remediated issues and coordinates business walkthroughs and any subsequent updates in Process Unity, as appropriate
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience and knowledge of sound risk management practices and associated controls for mortgage servicing functions
- A demonstrated understanding of risk management and internal control principles, including what constitutes effective control design
- A proven track record of continuous improvement in business control performance and risk mitigation with the ability to analyze and provide a credible assessment of the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls within his or her assigned area
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to influence and present at all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO.
Visit www.cenlar.com for more details.
Please apply online.