Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as a DCC Single Point of Contact (SPOC).
The Default Call Center Single Point of Contact is responsible for assisting members and/or borrowers who are in default. The responsibilities include providing information on available loss mitigation treatment options and statuses, providing updates on foreclose status, and collecting delinquent payments. The position includes managing all inbound and outbound call activity relative to all assigned members and/or borrowers.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls using Cenlar dialer application
- Maintaining daily departmental standards and expectations relative to productivity measurements
- Provide outstanding service utilizing professional communication and negotiation skills to resolve the delinquent accounts.
- Act as single point of contact for assigned members/borrowers, including complete accountability of all members/borrowers requests relative to delinquency/Loss Mitigation process. Responsible to ensure all activity is properly notated and documented in appropriate system
- Educate the member/borrower on loss mitigation options available and the documents needed to determine program eligibility.
- Perform in accordance with Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) as well as all state and local collection laws
- Servicing delinquent mortgage loan accounts in accordance with all client, investor, mortgage insurer, regulatory, Federal, State, and local guidelines.
- Accurately document loan files for all communication regarding incoming/outgoing phone calls
- High School degree required; College degree preferred or equivalent Mortgage Servicing background, specifically in Loss Mitigation
- Minimum of 2 years of Default Mortgage Servicing/Loss Mitigation experience required
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Requires/maintains extensive investor, insurer and client knowledge of loan workout guidelines and functional knowledge of residential mortgage documents
- Ability to work in a team-based atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task and operate in an upbeat and fast work environment
- It is critical that you have an understanding of the following:
- Requirements under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), specifically Prohibitions on Contact with Debtors, Disclosing Debt, and the Mini-Miranda.In addition, you should know FDCPA requirements for Handling of Disputes, Applying Payments and Complying with Cease and Desist Requests.
- Requirements under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), specifically Restrictions on Timing of Calls and Phone Contact.
- Requirements under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), specifically Early Intervention and Continuity of Contact.
- Requirements under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), specifically crediting of payments and requests for payoff amounts.
- Requirements under the NACHA Rules and Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA), specifically those rules pertaining to taking ACH payments over the phone.
- Requirements under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), specifically handling credit bureau disputes.
- Requirements under the Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA), specifically the rights and protections afforded to Service members.
- Requirements under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Regulation P, specifically those dealing with protecting customer privacy and consumer financial information.
- Requirements under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and the Fair Housing Act (FHA), specifically the general prohibition on discrimination in lending (and servicing).
- Requirements under the bankruptcy law, specifically the automatic stay from collections.
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO.
Visit www.cenlar.com for more details.
Please apply online.