Who is Cenlar? You are.
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation’s largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as a Compliance Subject Matter Expert.
The Compliance Analysts and Subject Matter Experts are responsible for execution of the assigned Compliance Testing and/or consumer compliance related matters. This position has assigned responsibilities for completing the Compliance Testing in accordance with the Compliance Testing Procedures and Schedule. In addition, this position monitors the first line of defense testing results focusing on findings, trends, and the effectiveness of root cause analysis and remediation plans implemented in the first line.
- Answers day to day consumer compliance related requests and questions
- Works regulatory change management assigned items within the effective date timeframes. Works with the applicable areas to assess impact, assign ownership, review and approve management action plans, approve amended policies, procedures, job aides, training, changes risk control self-assessments, and QC testing questions and parameters. Review results of QC testing for 90 days to ensure change was implemented effectively
- Works closely with the Business Control Managers to review and oversee escalated regulatory (federal and state) issues, ensuring that root cause analysis is accurately performed, a remediation plan is approved with a defined date for implementation, is implemented, tested and validated and a determination of whether additional action is required to be taken (i.e. lookback, etc., working in connection with Legal) or made
- Reviews and approves changes in consumer compliance related policies and procedures
- Reviews and approves changes to job specific and enterprise wide compliance training and reviews and implements enterprise wide and job specific training in accordance with the approved, established schedule
- Reviews and approves changes to borrower communications
- Periodically reviews compliance specific tables in MSP
- Supports Third Party Risk Management and Attorney Governance Committees
- Provides compliance expertise on enterprise approved projects
- Supports scheduled examinations, horizontal examinations and ongoing supervision, including but not limited to: scheduling rooms, meetings, gathering and reviewing materials and coordinating with examiners while onsite and offsite
- Performs surveillance over key operational and risk reports, including complaint management that details noncompliance or the risk of noncompliance. Perform analysis on these reports looking for red flags to determine where to perform deeper dives or analysis to detect potential systemic issues
- Reviews enforcement actions, regulatory bulletins, and supervisory announcements to identify emerging regulatory risks, and advises other internal stakeholders and industry SME’s regarding such risks
- Executes the assigned Compliance Testing within the timeframe outlined in the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Schedule
- Works with the Business Control Manager and applicable Business Line Management team ensuring all testing results are properly vetted
Fair and Responsible Lending & Servicing Compliance:
- Assists the Manager in administering and monitoring all aspects of Cenlar’s Fair Lending/Servicing Compliance Program, including:
- Managing the Fair Lending/Servicing Policy;
- Reviewing and updating Fair Lending/Servicing compliance related procedures when changes are required and on an annual basis;
- Reviewing and updating comprehensive, enterprise, and job specific Fair Lending./Servicing Training;
- Monitoring and testing;
- Providing input to applicable statistical analysis;
- Reviewing Fair Lending/Servicing related complaints for proper resolution and emerging risks.
- Assists with managing Cenlar’s Fair Lending/Servicing risk and reporting to the Cenlar Management Team, Executive Management and the Board of Directors on the progress and status of Fair Lending/Servicing related objectives and initiatives
- Provides advisory services and subject matter expertise on areas pertaining to Fair Lending/Servicing compliance to business units
- Reviews and provides recommendations to Manager a severity rating for any identified Fair Lending/Servicing issues
- Participates in working groups, key business initiatives, and projects to ensure Fair Lending/Servicing risks are appropriately identified, escalated, and mitigated
- Provides second line oversight, guidance, and credible challenge to key business lines and areas throughout Cenlar in regards to Fair Lending/Servicing related items
- Assists in analyzing trends in Key Risk and Key Performance Indicator metrics
- Minimum of 7 to 10 (3 to 5 years for Fair and Responsible Lending & Servicing) years of experience in mortgage banking compliance or mortgage lending / servicing compliance
- Must have a strong understanding of Fair Lending / Servicing laws and regulations, specifically, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Fair Housing Act
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) Certification is recommended
- Strong understanding of regulatory processes, operations and activities, and requirements of a mortgage servicing company
- The successful candidate for this position must be able to build effective relationships with a proven ability to build trust and credibility through strong interpersonal skills, communications, actions, and presence
- Strong knowledge of compliance risk management concepts, data, frameworks, systems, methods, and good governance practice
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently with a strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent collaborative skills demonstrated through ownership of issues seen through to resolution, providing sound guidance to others, and positively influencing organizational culture
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrated through ownership of issues seen through to resolution, providing sound guidance to others, and positively influencing organizational culture
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate clearly
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V/SO.
Visit www.cenlar.com for more details.
Please apply online.