Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Manager, Default Call Center.
The Manager, Default is responsible for leading teams that handle a combination of Collections, Loss Mitigation and Default Administration functions. In addition, this position is versed in dialer administration, workforce management, and business analytics in a high volume call center environment. The Manager is responsible for the execution of daily collections strategies in a blended inbound/outbound environment. This role monitors portfolio delinquency performance for the 1-29, 30, 60, 90, and 120+ delinquency buckets, as well as the number of loss mitigation workouts initiated and the number of loans entering foreclosure on a monthly basis. The Manager identifies productivity and efficiency opportunities, as well as portfolio trends where additional focus is needed and ensures appropriate management controls are in place for all departmental tasks and functions.
- Partners with the other Default Call Center managers to ensure all daily inbound and outbound collection calls are handled
- Collaborates with clients and Default Call Center management to establish and evaluate outbound call campaign strategies
- Ensures adherence to internal service levels related to call center and processing time frames.
- Interfaces with the dialer administration team as it relates to the effective daily execution of all dialer related process
- Coordinates with the workforce management team on all related functions including call forecasting, scheduling, intra-day monitoring, etc
- Works with staff to develop and monitor individual and departmental goals, providing effective feedback and guidance on a regular basis
- Reviews key performance indicators and pipeline management reports with senior management on a weekly basis
- Ensures that department procedures are updated timely to reflect all regulatory and compliance updates
- Evaluates business processes and makes necessary changes to daily procedures
- Responds to internal and external audit findings by preparing formal responses and ensuring remediation of noted issues
- Responsible for expense management and budget oversight for the department.Ensures all controllable expenses are maintained within budget each month and all variances are understood and explained
- Manages staff and work being completed in multiple locations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent business experience in a fast paced call center environment
- 10+ years of experience leading teams in mortgage default servicing operations including Collections, Loss Mitigation, Single Point of Contact, Document Processing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of current practices, procedures, and regulations/laws related to default administration for GSE, HUD and other government agency mortgage loans
- Expert knowledge of OCC, CFPB, FDCPA, RESPA and state law servicing guidelines
- Ability to learn and understand the complexity of sub-servicing, while continuously assessing efficiencies of default administration in order to improve service levels and profitability
- Previous experience managing dialer administration in a large call center environment, including the use of call blending and best time to call technologies
- Previous experience managing workforce management functions including forecasting, scheduling, intra-day monitoring, reporting, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Schedule flexibility as it relates to call center hours of operation.Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Working knowledge of the Black Knight MSP servicing system
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and ability to learn industry related systems
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.