Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Manager, Property Preservation.
The Manager, Property Preservation is responsible for managing and controlling the day to day functions of the post-sale claims process. This position monitors loans from foreclosure sale through final claim settlement in order to maximize recoveries and prevent avoidable losses/exposure to Cenlar. The Manager ensures compliance with all Investor, Insurer, Cenlar, and Client guidelines and requirements and ensures Cenlar goals are met regarding conveyances, claim filing and client/investor reporting.
- Manages staff responsible for the preparation of investor/insurer claims, final loss analysis/balance reconciliation and conveyances for reimbursement of expenses
- Implements and reviews monthly staff scorecards/matrices
- Works directly with FP&A on analytics around active inventory pipeline and staffing needs
- Oversees claims outsourcing; ensures all claims are filed timely and accurately by vendor based on respective investor/insurer guidelines. Ensures vendor receives all information/documentation timely to prevent any delays in the filing of claims/conveyances. Provide monthly reporting outlining vendor performance
- Implements and ensures appropriate management controls are in place to identify and report exceptions, trends, and or areas for opportunity
- Participates in the monthly credit risk meetings. Provides updates on all loans in a delayed status or where there is risk of monetary loss to Cenlar
- Compiles necessary documentations and coordinates/oversees all post sale audits. Compiles all information for the FHA claims audit and ensures a successful audit with no significant monetary findings
- Ensures all claims proceeds are received timely
- Ensures all balances are removed timely upon application of the final claims proceeds. Ensures all advances/balances are reconciled and removed after the final loss analysis is approved
- Monitors department RC statement and ensures all controllable expenses are maintained within budget each month and all variances are explained monthly
- Ensures losses due to department fails are kept within the established budget amounts monthly
- Provides a detailed explanation monthly for all losses incurred due to department fails
- Reviews monthly loss analysis report produced by the loss analysis unit, analyzes the cause of all losses and ensures appropriate procedures, training, and management controls are implemented to prevent future losses
- Provides monthly summary outlining findings and corrective action taken
- Reviews weekly tracking step reports for tasks to be completed on post-foreclosure cases.Directs staff to ensure either completion or proper rescheduling; ensures total late steps are maintained under 2%
- Monitors workload and staff to insure workflow is maintained in accordance with department standards and investor, insurer, client, and Cenlar timeframes
- Counsels staff to improve performance in accordance with company policy
- Prepares and distributes monthly management and executive reports
- Prepares reports and participates in monthly self-assessment
- Monitors and controls claims processing to ensure compliance with investor, insurer, Cenlar and client time frames.
- Reviews processing and ensures all vendor/investor/insurer requests for information/documents are completed within 24-48 hours of the request
- Responsible for keeping abreast of relevant changes to investor/insurer guidelines, industry standards, and client expectations
- Implements necessary training, procedures, monitoring and management controls to comply with all changes related to foreclosure claims processing
- Completes Cenlar time tracking daily and ensures information is provided to ensure client billing for all non-routine items and requests
- Participates in off-site due diligence reviews and client visits as needed
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years minimum foreclosure conveyance/claims experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA/PMI guidelines
- 2 years previous management experience
- Extensive knowledge of the foreclosure, claims, and corporate advance preferred
- Strong working knowledge and experience with MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, and possess the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.