Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Financial Crimes Specialist.
The Financial Crimes Specialist performs OFAC and other watch list scans against the servicing portfolio, wire and ACH transactions, vendors, employees and clients and certain other individuals and entities and researches the potential matches to determine whether the individual or entity is a positive match and performs various other assigned duties.
- Performs batch scans on borrowers and co-borrowers in the servicing portfolio, vendors, employees and clients against the OFAC and other designated watch lists
- Performs bi-weekly and special request batch scans on borrowers and co-borrowers in the servicing portfolio, all incoming and outgoing wires and borrowers and co-borrowers on purged loans against the FinCEN Section 314(a) Information Request lists
- Performs real-time OFAC and other designated watch list searches as requested
- Performs research on any potential matches resulting from batch scans or real-time searches to individuals or entities appearing on the FinCEN, OFAC or other watch lists to determine whether the potential match is a positive match to the individual or entity
- Provides responses on any positive matches to individuals or entities appearing on the FinCEN Section 314(a) Information Request lists directly through the FinCEN website
- Performs research on any potential matches resulting from scans of incoming and outgoing wire transfers and ACH transactions performed by the Bank Operations Department to individuals or entities appearing on the OFAC and other designated watch lists to determine whether the potential match is a positive match to the individual or entity. Responds within the required service level agreement (SLA) timeframe
- Reaches out to the client compliance/BSA contact and/or OFAC for additional information when warranted to clear the potential matches
- Refers any positive matches to the Manager, Financial Crimes and add to the departmental case management system
- Assists Financial Crimes Analysts with case setup and document or information retrieval as necessary (loan documentation and payment information)
- Assists with monitoring the BSA Suspicious Activity mailbox on a daily basis for incoming incident referrals and adding the referrals to the departmental case management system
- Prepares and issues the annual BSA/AML Certification and Attestation to third party servicing vendors and deposit brokers
- Prepares the OFAC Annual Report of Blocked Property
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with internal and external contacts on a regular basis
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Access as well as other applications and software utilized by the department
- High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.