Who is Cenlar?
Employee-owners have made Cenlar one of the nation's largest mortgage subservicers. We have achieved success by empowering people with company ownership, real programs that provide avenues for advancement, and a great atmosphere that makes everyone look forward to the workday. Get your share of our success by considering the opportunity to join our team as Business Control Director.
Roles and responsibilities within Cenlar’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework are assigned across three lines of defense in alignment with industry standards and ERM best practices. The defined lines of defense are often referred to as the “Line 1” (L1), “Line 2” (L2) or “Line 3” (L3) or collectively as the “Three Lines of Defense”. The Business Control Director (BCD) will report to a Center of Excellence Executive to equip the business with the risk expertise and resource capability to meet Cenlar’s goal of managing risks, complying with regulatory requirements, and meeting contractual obligations. The BCD is responsible and accountable for driving the risk agenda within the business by ensuring adherence to risk management governance requirements, monitoring control effectiveness, proactive identification and remediation of control deficiencies and materialized issues while promoting risk awareness within the business.
- Drives the execution of Cenlar’s risk agenda within the Business Function(s) including, but not limited to:
- Manages and develops of Business Control Managers (BCMs):
- Manages a high performance team of risk professionals through training, coaching, performance management, and related managerial activities
- Tracks team performance through use of metrics and management reporting
- Drives Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Process and ensure quality of assessment:
- Manages the continuous improvement of business control performance and risk mitigation through ensuring on-going RCSA program execution
- Provides credible challenge to RCSA results and remediation action plan development
- Drives effective and timely issue remediation through the execution of the Issue Management Program:
- Works with business leaders to proactively identify issue and control deficiency themes, as well as process inefficiencies, across the function or organization
- Leads cross-functional working groups to remediate high risk issues and deficiencies
- Acts as a Risk SME and Advisor:
- Serves as risk management SME to assess emerging risks across the functional area or across functions
- Provides guidance on control design and change management in response to changes in business process, technology, or compliance requirements
- Conducts Risk Engagement and Awareness
- Promotes risk awareness and education throughout the business
- Drives business relationship with all risk related stakeholders (internal and external) on behalf of business function, including active engagement with regulators and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years of relevant experience and knowledge of sound risk management practices for mortgage servicing functions
- A demonstrated understanding of risk management and internal control principles, including what constitutes effective control design
- Ability to analyze and provide a credible assessment of the effectiveness of risk management and internal controls within his or her assigned area
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Track record of providing constructive challenge and appropriate issue escalation
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively mitigate risk and lead change
- Ability to simultaneously perform strategic leadership and, as necessary, execution activities, to ensure risk agenda success
Cenlar FSB offers outstanding benefits which may include paid medical/dental/life insurance, 401k, employee ownership, tuition assistance, a supportive work environment, and genuine opportunities for advancement. Cenlar is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V/SO.