Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Short Sale Negotiator.
The Short Sale Negotiator performs the processing of short sale requests based on the investor, client and GSE guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Obtains/submits/receives and review required documentation to/from investor, insurer and/or client for approval of the short sale, if applicable
- Works with internal and external third party vendors, agents, title companies and borrower(s) through both written and oral negotiations in an attempt to mitigate foreclosure/REO avoidance/losses
- Reviews and analyzes borrower’s financial documents such as: financial statement, hardship letter, tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, listing contracts, agreement of sales, closing costs and settlement sheets and credit bureau reports, if applicable
- Documents the LPS Loss Mitigation Workstation (notes, steps, screens), generate appropriate letters/tasks and adding documents to the imaging system to substantiate the recommendation, as required
- Adheres to all state, company and GSE guidelines and adapt to changes in procedures
- Notifies foreclosure attorney regarding status of loss mitigation activity via New Trak Express, if applicable
- Maintains extensive investor, insurer and client guidelines/timeframes required for processing a Short Sale
- Creates and updates managerial detail reports and/or spread sheet(s) pertinent to the short sale function and/or progress of the loan(s) on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, as required
- Follows up on closing, final HUD documentations and proceeds
- Notifies investor reporting of fund received
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- INTERFACE: Overall strong interaction with Unit Manager, staff and internal Department Managers
- External – Investor, Insurers, Clients, Borrowers and all third party vendors
- Internal- all other default departments, Customer Service Department, Cash Management, Payoff Department, Conversion/Deconversions Department, Investor Reporting, Special Products and Client Relations
- High school diploma or GED required
- Highly self-motivated and organized
- 3-5 years default environment
- Requires/maintains extensive investor, insurer and client knowledge of loan workout guidelines and functional knowledge of residential mortgage documents
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision a must
- Ability to use and/or learn industry related software specific to Cenlar and the department
- Utilize standard business related software is required to include, but not limited to: MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.