Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as an Accountant Sr.
The Accountants perform general ledger reconciliations, prepare journal entries and accruals, maintain accounting processes, perform analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information, and provide other accounting support as needed.
- Prepares complex/technical general ledger reconciliations and ensures outstanding items are cleared timely
- Prepares technical accounting journal entries and accruals
- Executes financial controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information
- Trains, develops, and assists Accountants I and II with general ledger reconciliations and preparing journal entries and accruals
- Reviews work of Accountants I and II periodically
- Identifies, develops, and implements opportunities for efficiency and improvement
- Prepares Regulatory Reports (OCC and FRB), Annual FHA/ HUD recertification via LEAP, Annual Report, and Plan Financial Statements (401K and ESOP)
- Assists with preparation of technical regulatory, board, and financial reporting
- Conducts general ledger account maintenance including creating general ledger accounts and updating the cross reference tables
- Updates reporting tools including GL reports and coordinates with FP&A any FinPro reporting matters.
- Prepares loan and investment purchase accounting functions
- Creates, updates, and reviews vendor data
- Reviews compliance with applicable state and federal tax laws and assists in the preparation of 1099 statements
Accounts Receivable (Client Billing)
- Reviews client pricing changes for new clients, amendments, or statements of work
- Reviews client pricing adjustments for annual inflation index
- Monitors completion of billing import files for timely completion by accountants
- Prepares and/or reviews key billing controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts receivable
- Liaises with Client Management on client billing questions or issues
- Prepares and/or reviews billing files for monthly client invoices
- Reviews monthly client invoices for completeness and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting or Finance a plus)
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a mortgage banking/servicing or banking industry
- CPA a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and complex formulas in order to manipulate large amounts of data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge with Fiserv Prologue general ledger and Bisys Teller systems, Black Knight Cenbase, Synergy
- Well organized and strong communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.