Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Bank Operations Specialist I.
The Bank Operations Specialist is responsible for the day to day tasks within the bank operations. This position processes checks, reconciles accounts and bank ledgers and performs administrative duties such as data entry and filing.
- Sorts and distributes printed disbursement checks
- Reconciles Inclearing Checks with Vendor and Federal Reserve Bank
- Originates check returns within the Federally Regulated timeframes
- Submits notification of high dollar returns originated along with knowledge of the required federally regulated notification requirement
- Checks research
- Monitors and communicates bank accounts in an overdraft position
- Processes daily proof of deposit
- Reconciles and manages Bank Operation Accounts and General ledgers
- Opens and closes bank accounts
- Issues replacement checks
- Places Stop Payments
- Processes deposits and transfers
- Originates wire transfers
- Originates manual ACH transactions within the NACHA Rules and Guidelines
- Handles Multiple Bank to Vendor Settlements
- Checks Fraud Monitoring
- Performs administrative and clerical duties, such as data entry and filing
- Services transfer documentation preparation and daily settlement
- Responds to email within required departmental timeframes
- Resolves internal customer inquiries and complaints
- Any other duties assigned by management or that may arise within Bank Operations
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- Working knowledge of retail banking practices, NACHA Rules, and Federal Regulations. Two years minimum retail banking experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), banking databases, and relevant software
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Detail oriented and excellent follow up skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Position does not require overtime, but occasionally may necessitate working overtime to meet all regulatory and NACHA timeframes
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.