Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as an Accounting Analyst.
The Accounting Analyst supports the Director, Accounting in the ongoing governance, enhancement of controls, and visibility and oversight of Cenlar’s client’s servicing advance assets. In addition, the Accounting Analyst is involved with the creation of the new Corporate Advance Management program.
- Assists in the creation and presentation of servicing advance populations
- Conducts quantitative analysis of advances over multiple population levels to identify opportunities for recovery
- Identifies opportunities to increase income, lower expenses, and recover receivables
- Monitors and tracks receipt of receivables and incentives
- Analyzes and monitors internal business processes and financial results for opportunities
- Analyzes and reviews various financial and billing reports to provide monthly variance explanations
- Assists in the governance of transaction methodology and allocation mapping between Servicing and Accounting
- Assists with initiatives and projects as it relates to the goals of the team and leadership
- Implements, enhances, and monitors accounting procedures and internal controls
- Seeks timely resolution to complex servicing advance questions from Clients and/or Senior Leadership
- Interfaces with all levels of corporate and operational management
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis services as required to meet business needs
- Estimates potential losses and aid in the preparation of reserves related to corporate advance activity
- Assumes other responsibilities and project activity as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science related major
- Experience on design, development, and maintenance of data sets related to financial and servicing activity
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services, preferably Mortgage Servicing
- 3+ years of recent experience as an analyst, reporting developer, or related role within the financial services industry
- Proven ability to manage multiple personnel and projects
- Ability to work independently and minimal direction and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and analyze accounts and records of a complex, detailed, and recurring nature
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite of products and emphasis on advanced Excel skills
- Mortgage servicing experience is preferred
- Experience with MSP servicing system is preferred
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting preferred
- SQL and relational database experience preferred
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.