Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Special Products Specialist I.
The Special Products Specialist, under the direction of the Supervisor/Manager, analyzes and performs loan-level processes related to special loan products that include, ARM loans, Buydown Loans, Step Rates, SCRA, Bi-Weekly Loans, Partial Releases, Transfers of Ownership, and Balloons.
- Performs analysis of special loan portfolios to identify potential data errors
- Analyzes and corrects payment applications related to special products and processes
- Researches and analyzes loan documents and reviews daily reporting in order to perform loan level data corrections to special loan types
- Effects system changes for modifications, ARMs, Balloons, Buydowns, Step Rate loans and custom requests from clients
- Performs loan level reviews and provide results to department management
- Be able to communicate effectively with Clients, Borrowers, and Client Relations by telecommunication and/or by correspondence
- Assists in retention modification and recast programs and other client initiatives related to Special Products; including document preparation and borrower communication
- Verifies data in the loan system, such as interest rate and principal and interest payment amount, to confirm accuracy
- Ensures borrower notifications for interest rate and principal and interest adjustments on ARMs, Step Rates, and Interest Only loans are sent timely
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 0 to 1 years of experience with Special Loan Products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft application proficiency
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- It is critical that you have an understanding of the following:
- Requirements under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) specifically:
- notifications of action taken, ECOA notice, and statement of specific reasons,
- notice of incomplete applications, and
- specific rules concerning use of information.
- Requirements under the Truth and Lending Act (TILA) specifically:
- rate adjustments with corresponding change in payment, and
- initial rate adjustments.
- Requirements under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) specifically, maximum rate of interest on debts incurred before military service and mortgages and trust deeds
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.