Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Lead Auditor.
The Auditors are responsible for executing assigned audit/validation activities and demonstrating skills in assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes (including the supporting application systems), application systems), identifying and evaluating the design of controls, and executing and documenting audit/validation tests. The Auditors complete work in accordance with Cenlar’s audit methodology and applicable standards, defined plans, budgets, and schedules during the audit/validation process.
Primary focus for the IT audit plan:
· Lead audit engagements covering the IT audit plan, including risk assessment, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluations, report drafting, and follow-up and verification of issue closure, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices.
· Assess IT processes, systems and applications. Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery, cybersecurity and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate. Experience in cloud environments is ideal.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree and/or certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CRCM, CAMS, MBA, etc.) preferred/to be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Leads audit/validation engagements covering the business, including risk assessment, audit/validation planning, audit/validation testing, control evaluations, report drafting, and follow-up and verification of issue closure, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices
- Manages plan, budget, and schedule for assigned audits, ensuring audits are completed timely and within budget
- Manages validation activities ensuring validation and sustainability are completed within required timeframes and meet quality expectations
- Performs “design of control” assessments and develops and executes test plans in accordance with Internal Audit methodology, standards, and adherence to applicable compliance laws, regulations, and/or guidelines
- Assesses agency (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD) and regulatory compliance of Cenlar’s mortgage servicing operations
- Supervises assigned auditors on audits
- Establishes strong working relationships with business process owner/management
- Works closely with audit colleagues in the early identification of emerging control issues and reports them timely to audit and business management
- Assists in the development of other team members
- Assists in performing ongoing analysis of risk trends, ensuring appropriate audit/validation coverage
- Stays up-to-date with evolving regulatory changes and market events impacting the business.
- Assists in developing and implementing automation to streamline the audit/validation process
- Assists other team members through development of enhanced analytics/diagnostic reports/tools
- Ensures adherence to professional audit standards/guidelines
- Supports the comprehensive risk assessment process
- Supports special projects as directed by management
- Supports continuous process improvement by identifying needs and opportunities, champions common audit process approaches, and recommends process changes to maintain the highest quality standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; advanced degree and/or certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRCM, CAMS, MBA, etc.) preferred/to be obtained within 6 months of employment
- 7+ years of relevant or related experience required
- In depth understanding of Mortgage Servicing, QA/QC, or Risk Management experience
- Strong project management skills coordinating assignments, tracking/monitoring progress, and reporting on status
- Strong management skills to evaluate opportunities with process improvement within department for area of responsibility and demonstrated ability to facilitate change
- Self-motivated, with capacity to effectively analyze risk and proactively identify issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to business management in a persuasive manner
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with business, desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically
- Proven ability to multitask and assess and change priorities
- Ability to work well individually and in teams, share information, support colleagues, and encourage participation
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience
- Excellent analytical ability, PC skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, MS Project, Power Point, Visio
- Strong ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment
- Strong time management, problem solving, and written and oral communication skills
- Ongoing professional development to include 40 hours per year of continuing education, as approved by the Vice President of Internal Audit
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.