Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Director, Default.
The Director, Default is responsible for leading and managing a function within Default Operations which may include Call Center, Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, REO, Claims or Default Administration. This position will interface with all default departments and across to the Core and Borrower COEs and are responsible for key COE initiatives around operational efficiencies and risk mitigation. In addition, they will play a key part in leadership and development of our line management teams in the late stage default area and will be an instrumental part of our leadership team delivering and executing on our business plan objectives.
- Overall responsibility may include Collections, Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, REO, Claims, Loss Analysis and Default Compliance
- Develops and maintains staff planning forecast to recruit, develop and retain a cohesive Default support structure that motivates and builds a superior Default team
- Responsible for internal and external compliance within various areas of Default Servicing
- Administers staff performance and compensation programs
- Develops and prepares annual budgets and monitors monthly expenses
- Initiates controls to maintain expenses within budget
- Responsible for oversight and operations management which may include Claims and Loss Analysis for all HUD, VA, USDA, Mortgage Insurance, and GSE claims
- Partners with Vendor Management on billbacks to vendors from investor/insurer curtailments
- Partners with other default areas and the Invoicing department to ensure claims are correct and complete
- Responsible for and manages to performance metrics in a continuously improving environment
- Partners with post sale areas to ensure better timelines and execution for our clients
- Establishes regular operational reporting that identifies gaps in attaining required service levels
- Assures contractual client service standards are achieved or exceeded on a monthly basis
- Oversees policy and procedure development and enhancement within Default as needed
- Measures and monitors key functional performance measures by department to increase income where applicable and improve service levels
- Responds to client issues as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business , finance or related field
- 10+ years mortgage servicing experience
- Progressive experience and significant exposure to all default areas of loan servicing; including Collections, Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, REO, Claims and Default Compliance
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience with the Fidelity mortgage servicing package
- Previous responsibility for a servicing portfolio of greater than 250,000 loans
- Experience with various servicing technologies including predictive dialers, imaging, ACD systems and Internet connectivity
- Solid reputation with regulatory agencies
- Strong analytical/financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated success implementing technological solutions to improve productivity, increase customer service levels, or expand capacity
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.