Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Claims Specialist II.
The Claims Specialist is responsible for building a complete document package with all appropriate/applicable supporting invoices, breakdowns, ledgers, foreclosure, bankruptcy, and loss mitigation relevant documents based on a specific claim type in a timely and efficient manner. This position is responsible for adhering to all guidelines set forth by insurer, investor, and master servicing guidelines.
- Evaluates/reconciles loan level balances (corporate and escrow advances) for expenses incurred to determine claimable vs non claimable to maximize reimbursement on behalf of the servicer and/or client
- Files respective investor/insurer initial and final claims based on the respective guidelines for allowable limits
- Reviews MI claim Explanation of Benefits (EOB) or Insurer Advice of Payments (AOP) and research curtailment reasons for potential rebuttal
- Files Appeal or Supplemental Claims ensuring all allowable advances and interest are recovered from the MI companies and/or Insurer.
- Monitors pre/post conveyance processes on government loans
- Satisfies audit requests
- Monitors claim deadlines and exceptions reports
- Monitors REO activity on investor claim files
- Ensures all receivables are paid w/ no penalties or interest curtailments
- Ensures payment to vendors in a timely manner
- Corresponds with attorney/trustees, vendors, and agency representatives to ensure claims are processed within insurer and investor guidelines
- Works in conjunction with attorneys, agencies, PMI companies, investors and master servicers to expedite the completion of the claim to minimize losses
- Complies with and have working knowledge of all FNMA, FHLMC, PMI, FHA, VA, investor and master servicer rules and regulations
- Performs regular reviews cases/claims
- Requests UPB removal on loans from Investor Reporting Department once the claim process has been completed
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Assists Claims Specialist in resolving basic issues related to general insurer and investor guidelines
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, investigation practices, or related field preferred
- Mortgage Loan Servicing experience required
- Basic accounting background /excellent aptitude for mathematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work ina fast paced environment to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and software applications
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.