Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Compliance Subject Matter Expert.
Compliance SME is responsible for developing and validating Key Risk/Performance Indicators related to regulatory as well as operational requirements. They are also responsible for providing expertise for technical applications and utilizing them to drive factual output of data and information. Partners with business units and technology team to obtain data for department wide initiatives and objectives. Responsible for interpreting data and analyzing the data to provide insight into risk areas.
- Ability to proficiently work with various software tools including SQL, Access Databases, Visual Basic, Visio, Monarch, Tableau, Cenbase (an internal reporting system), Black Knight (MSP), etc.
- Prepares validation reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for the pre-defined KRIs/KPIs
- Partner in developing Key Metrics used to monitor Business Compliance Risk and drive process efficiencies within the first line of defense.
- Performs ad-hoc data queries or reports at the request of management
- Partner with Technology team on monthly build and output of Key Risk/Performance Indicators and provide support to Compliance and Business when modifications to the underlying criteria/logic are needed
- Provides technical support to Compliance Management on various initiatives and projects.
- Partners with stakeholders to document data sources, various requirements, and other key information
- Provides subject matter expertise for analytical based processes within team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in mortgage banking compliance or mortgage lending/servicing compliance or other financial services industry, with 5 years of experience and proficiency using various software tools including SQL, Access Databases, Visual Basic, Visio, Monarch, Tableau, etc.
- Strong understanding of regulatory processes, operations and activities, and requirements of a mortgage servicing company would be preferred
- Strong knowledge of compliance risk management concepts, data, frameworks, systems, methods, and good governance practice
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for business math and analysis
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a cooperative team environment
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.