Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as VP, Control Assurance.
The VP, Control Assurance is responsible for building and maintaining a comprehensive first line of defense Quality Assurance Preventative Testing Program that evaluates the effectiveness of internal controls and serves to identify, measure, control, and report risks and non-compliance with regulatory requirements. The VP makes written recommendations to Senior Management to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed. This position identifies the issues as part of the loan level testing, and works with the line of business to develop and recommend action plans through root cause analysis, and ensures track and monitor remediation efforts are completed according to defined due dates and report key details to the Chief Control Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Cenlar Senior Management. This position works with all levels of management and employees within the Company.
- Develops a First Line of Defense (FLOD) to identify and remediate process gaps that pose a risk to the business that are either Regulatory/Financial or Reputational in nature
- Maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance framework covering Servicing Operations which complies with all regulatory and investor requirements
- Develops and builds Quality Assurance framework, plan, and staffing needs
- Leads staff to ensure test plan/process is properly and consistently executed, ensuring correct and timely review of responses from Operations
- Acts as a resource and subject matter expert for department questions regarding servicing and compliance issues as they relate to quality testing
- Presents test results in an objective and unbiased manner; Writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions
- Escalates significant risks and loss exposure to appropriate levels of management
- Oversees preparation and review of monthly tracking and reporting that detail and summarize test findings, as well as assists in determining what additional testing and reporting would help achieve strategic goals more effectively and efficiently
- Oversees analytics, trending, and reporting of testing results
- Maintains expertise in Quality Assurance and Compliance rules and regulations through participation in industry educational programs, publications, and monthly GSE quality updates
- Reports and communicates testing details and progress of remediation plans to reduce risk of reoccurring findings
- Recruits, develops, coaches, and motivates team members
- Provides frequent coaching and feedback to analysts and structures assignments based on developmental growth
- Responsible for requesting, creating/preparing, updating/revising, reviewing, testing, finalizing/approving, conduct training. and maintaining the department’s policies and procedures
- Ensures all activities are in accordance with company and regulatory risk and compliance requirements
- All other duties as assigned
- 12+ years of experience in mortgage operations including previous experience managing multiple departments, and 5+ years in a supervisory/management position
- Strong knowledge of the laws regulating mortgage servicing and regulatory agencies required and ability to apply these requirements to business practices and systems
- Ability to partner with all levels of management to ensure effective implementation of time-sensitive initiatives and identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to provide guidance, counseling, and direction to all staff
- Effective listening, communication, and presentation skills to present complex topics to senior management in a persuasive manner
- Sound judgment and keen sense of urgency and initiative
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while managing multiple assignments
- Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, including peers, management, and subordinates
- Strong leadership skills to inspire outstanding performance through collaboration
- Strong customer service skills to effectively execute the strategic goals and mission of Cenlar, while demonstrating Key Success Factors
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to come up with a mutually acceptable solutions utilizing available resources with diverse perspectives
- Excellent coaching and counseling skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task to manage multiple large-scale complex projects enterprise-wide
- Proven people, strategic and tactical leader
- Resourceful and aggressive ability to research all facets of the industry
- Ability to plan strategically as it relates to business unit responsibilities
- Ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly process of planning to accomplish goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.