Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Data Integrity Specialist II.
The Data Integrity Specialists review and correct Required Data Fields for all incoming loans. This role performs both pre- and post-loan boarding testing of transferring loan portfolios. The team runs logic based tests and completes reviews of all identified field level exceptions. When performing pre-transfer testing, the team is expected to provide detailed analysis and recommendations on what ‘clean-up’ may be required by the client or suggest potential mapping adjustments to ensure data accurately boards to the servicing system. During post-boarding the team reviews all exceptions, updates loans where exceptions were determined to be valid data deficiencies, and run queries as required. The Specialists reports findings both internally and to our clients, participate in client meetings as needed, and runs test and perform reviews on loans boarding through the new loans process.
- Identifies and corrects missing or invalid data fields using various MSP Workstation screens
- Works independently on finding and resolving issues for all required data fields using loan files/imaging software, mortgage servicing system workstations, and other resources as required.
- Sets up Tasks and Comment Log Codes to track data corrections and follow up issues
- Monitors own tasks, suspense, and/or post transfer review issues on reports daily to ensure all items are resolved within required SLA
- Maintains detailed reports on daily activity, including time spent on each function
- Utilizes MSP Workstations, specifically Tax, Hazard, PMI/MIP, PCH1, and all MAS1/KLNX workstations to perform data corrections
- Utilizes various tools within the department including excel, access databases, mailbox, SharePoint, Shared drives, and other tools as needed to manage workflow and provide updates
- Handles multiple tasks and prioritizes the most important to ensure those items are worked first
- Works on Special Projects, both within and outside of the Data Integrity Department, as designated by Manager.
- Performs extensive analysis to identify root cause of exceptions and trends; Determines most efficient way to clear exceptions, tracks the root cause, and proposes solutions to leadership
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of department processes and procedures
- Performs pre-boarding loan review as needed
- Cross-trains on functions within the department
- Assists with intake role on e-mailboxes and assist with monitoring the e-mailbox escalations as required
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience required
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage servicing, specifically taxes, escrow analysis, insurance and MIP/PMI. BKFS experience required. Passport and/or Cenbase experience required
- Loan Document knowledge
- Advanced Word, Excel, Access and Outlook skills
- Strong problem-solving skills related to the specific functions included in the scope of the Data Integrity organizational component
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow up skills, and be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated the ability to work independently and manage several projects simultaneously in a fast paced, changing environment
- Must have above average knowledge of the principles of accounting and auditing procedures as they impact the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must have excellent interpersonal and follow up skills
- Overtime is a condition of employment
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.