Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Strategic Sourcing Consultant.
The Vendor Strategic Sourcing Consultant is responsible for developing, managing, and executing sourcing category strategies supporting business profit centers, support functions and shared services. This position works closely with IT, Finance, Risk, Legal, and other stakeholders to manage S2P strategies that drive significant value and impact for operations and profitability and sets the direction for multiple category areas, driving opportunities to capture cost benefits and service enhancements. The Strategic Sourcing Consultant specializes in one or more spend categories; establishing objectives for a group of spend categories along with developing priorities for the short term and long term sourcing plans; overseeing and adjusting the execution of sourcing and procurement strategies; leading the development and execution of reporting and tracking mechanisms; reporting on sourcing strategies and performance; driving cross-functional category teams in change management and contract life-cycle efforts; enhancing the definition of procurement requirements and operational needs; supporting the implementation of enterprise wide S2P tools including automated sourcing, procurement and vendor management; driving continuous improvement and operational efficiencies. This position directly supports total cost of ownership (TCO) efforts for $100 - $200 million or more in spend with third-parties.
- Drives data driven analysis of category spend to identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO). Leads cross-functional teams to assess business requirements and risk assessment and identify process improvement and standardization opportunities
- Develops S2P category strategies, leading complex negotiations and contract formulation, leading change management efforts, and directing cross-functional teams throughout the sourcing, contracting, and vendor assessment/management processes
- Develops and leads implementation of company-wide sourcing strategies and plans
- Develops vendor and fact-based negotiation strategies to manage key vendor relationships
- Works with key business partners and senior leadership to understand strategic direction, supply requirements, and business objectives and priorities
- Drives thought leadership providing market and industry intelligence, innovation, and best practices including alternative supply sources
- Manages strategic vendor relationships based on business criticality and size of relationship. Identifies resource requirements and develops/validates business cases for required investments
- Manages procurement/sourcing and stakeholder engagement (internal and external), effectively delegating activities, and monitoring tasks to drive process to successful completion
- Interacts with all levels of management, including senior management, within the Company, with regulators, and with vendors to ensure strategic direction, operational, and quality goals are achieved
- Master’s degree in business, finance, supply chain, or related field (will consider Bachelor’s degree with relevant years of experience as substitute for MBA)
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant sourcing and category management experience for a large-scale operation; including assembling, leading, and managing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated track record of success leading major strategic sourcing and vendor management programs across a range of indirect/professional/mortgage business services categories
- Possess deep and current sourcing, category management, and technical knowledge and experience specifically in the areas of large scale functional business processes and products
- Deep category management and sourcing knowledge and experience
- Superior analytical ability to quickly gather facts, perform root cause analysis, and draw accurate conclusions
- Strong conceptual thinking skills with adeptness to lead others through ambiguous, challenging, and complex issues
- Extensive experience managing change across multiple stakeholder groups
- Superior negotiation skills to positively influence senior leadership on strategic direction, business case value proposition, and sourcing recommendations
- Superior contract/vendor negotiation preparation and execution skills to achieve desired and productive outcomes from negotiations
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills with strong influencing and persuasive talents
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, and has the ability to effectively organize, multi-task, and prioritize a wide array and high volume of initiatives
- An aptitude for innovation and a passionate curiosity for driving productive change
- High integrity and ethics
- Detail oriented
- Ability and flexibility to work extended hours and travel to meet business requirements
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.