Training Assistant (Teachers Welcome!!)
This is a great opportunity for someone with a recent Education degree, experience as a Teacher’s Assistant / Teacher and most importantly a passion for teaching. Come join us and get the opportunity to step into the Corporate world. As the nation’s leading mortgage subservicer we are experiencing tremendous growth, and this role plays an important part in developing our talent for the future. Be a part of the excitement and apply today!
The Training Assistant works closely with the Corporate Trainer assisting with the skills and knowledge development of Cenlar’s workforce for the purposes of enhancing workplace performance in support of business goals. The position sits within the Corporate Education and Cenlar University department, and reports to the Corporate Training Manager.
- Assists with the facilitation and delivery of training programs both in-classroom and virtually.
- Observes trainees during class; evaluates and documents their performance and assessment scores on a weekly basis during the training period.
- Responsible for the development of the trainees during the training period by coaching and counseling as well as administering the training material.
- Critically examines the trainees’ understanding and progress and making necessary adjustments to the program.
- Provides support to trainees during and after the training period.
- Assists with presentation of new training initiatives company-wide, and trains clients and vendors, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Instructional Design Team to select the appropriate medium for successful delivery of training programs, i.e. PowerPoint Presentation, User Guide, and Computer Training.
- Occasional travel to other sites for training related support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field with 1 to 3 years of recent teaching experience, coursework, or related activity in areas of primary instruction or adult education
- Experience in corporate education / training is preferred.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to convey ideas, and conduct training to engage and inspire trainees
- High empathy skills and understanding of effective teaching methodologies and the willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in teaching
- Strong leadership ability, initiative, and teamwork required
- Good planning and time management skills
- Excellent and enthusiastic presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office(specifically, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and instructional software (Cisco WebEx, GoToMeeting)
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.