Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a HELOC Modification Specialist.
The HELOC Modification Specialist is responsible for activities related to processing and tracking modifications on Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) mortgages. This role involves direct communication with borrowers, external business partners and internal departments in accordance with client specific guidelines.
- Performs exceptional customer service by providing borrowers detailed direction and guidance throughout the modification process
- Generates and delivers Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures within required time frames
- Prepares, tracks, validates and resolves outstanding items related to the collection of documents needed to address client underwriting requirements
- Performs system changes and documents all pertinent information within MSP
- Liaison for all modification inquiries, audits and process improvements
- Facilitates and processes credit line reinstatement requests per client guidelines
- Assists with credit line segmentation setup and/or validation within the Consumer Loan Workstation
- Focuses on the below modification types:
- HELOC – Fixed Rate Conversions
- Credit Line Extensions
- Credit Line Adjustments
- Fixed Rate Lock Conversions
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of mortgage servicing experience, preferably HELOC experience
- Demonstrated high level of customer service in the banking industry
- Knowledge of basic MSP fields required; HELOC workstation knowledge preferred
- Understanding of mortgage billing and interest accrual methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to multiple functions in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and efficiency
- Excel knowledge preferred
- It is critical that you have an understanding of the following:
- Requirements under the Truth and Lending Act (TILA) specifically, billing errors and resolution and the treatment of credit balances.
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.