Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as an Escrow Specialist I.
The Escrow Specialists monitor all work performed through tasks, comment codes, or status reports and ensure tasks are completed within expected time frames. This role maintains department assigned productivity and accuracy percentages and identifies trending issues and providing suggested process improvements and changes. The Specialists determine root-cause of, and escalate, reoccurring data quality issues with clients and/or internal departments and take initiative to outline/present recommendations. This role is responsible for responding to incoming email inquiries from internal and external sources in a high volume environment.
- Monitors all work performed through tasks, comment codes, or status reports; ensures tasks are completed within expected time frames
- Maintains department assigned productivity and accuracy percentages
- Identifies trending issues and providing suggested process improvements and changes
- Determines root-cause of, and escalate, reoccurring data quality issues with clients and/or internal departments; takes initiative to outline/present recommendations; implements changes and processes improvements
- Responds to incoming email inquiries from internal and external sources in a high volume environment
- Other duties as assigned
The following duties and responsibilities vary by discipline (Escrow, Insurance, Mortgage Insurance, Tax):
- Acts as client and vendor liaison; oversees operational and/or high level escalated issues for immediate resolution
- Performs comprehensive quality control analysis and provides oversight by generating reports and conducting in depth reviews/tests
- Reviews internal processes and vendor functions from standpoint of workflow improvements for control, quality and/or enhanced utilization of vendor
- Oversees the movement of check/wire funds and daily reconciliation of escrow funds relating to tax, as well as wires in company/vendor bank accounts and clearing/general ledger accounts
- Handles audit requests; provides accurate and professional responses to auditors, clients and regulators
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS office including SharePoint, Excel, Word
- Proficiency with mortgage servicing system (MSP/Black Knight)
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field
- Excellent critical thinking and logical reasoning abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Escrow - Tax
- It is critical that you have an understanding of the following:
- Requirements under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) specifically:
- timely payments,
- escrow analysis at creation of an escrow account,
- disclosure requirements for escrow items,
- initial escrow account statement submission at settlement or within 45 calendar days of settlement,
- escrow account analysis and shortages, surpluses, and deficiencies requirements, and
- refunding an escrow balance
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.