Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Validation Analyst Sr.
The Validation Analyst is responsible for executing assigned validation activities and demonstrating skills in assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes (including the supporting application systems), application systems), identifying and evaluating the design of controls, and executing and documenting validation tests. The Validation Analyst completes work in accordance with generally accepted audit methodology and applicable standards, defined plans, budgets, and schedules during the validation process.
- Develops processes flows/diagrams, Assesses Risk, develops testing procedures for all areas of the company, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, agency and regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Executes and documents validation tests in alignment with validation procedures and IIA standards
- Establishes working relationships with business process owner
- Develops written summary of validation findings
- Performs follow-up on open validation items to ensure findings are satisfactorily resolved
- Performs validation activities ensuring all controls address the root cause of the issue and are effectively operationalized
- Performs “design of control” assessments and develops and executes test plans in accordance with Internal Audit methodology, standards, and adherence to applicable compliance laws, regulations, and/or guidelines
- Ensures adherence to professional audit standards/guidelines
- Supports continuous process improvement by identifying needs and opportunities, champions common validation process approaches, and recommends process changes to maintain the highest quality standards
- Remains compliant with policies and regulations within their group
- Ensures all activities are in accordance with company and regulatory risk and compliance requirements.
- Communicates frequently with manager and contributes to a high performing culture to maximize operational efficiency
- May review peer validation documentation
- Understands and complies with all policies, procedures and regulations relating to job duties
- Provides support in special projects as directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; advanced degree and/or certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRCM, CAMS, MBA, etc.) preferred
- 5+ years of relevant or related experience required
- In depth understanding of Mortgage Servicing, QA/QC, or Risk Management experience
- Ability to identify and quantify operational risk in the various functions
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed, and organized individual
- Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Strong interaction and people skills
- Ability to multitask and assess and change priorities
- Possess the ability to work independently and be able to recognize and escalate matters of attention appropriately and timely
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.