Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Manager, Validation.
The Manager, Validation is responsible for executing all aspects of validation and demonstrating skills in management of a team, assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes (including the supporting application systems), identifying and evaluating the design of controls, and executing and documenting validation tests. The Manager validation ensures work is completed in accordance with generally accepted audit methodology and applicable standards, defined plans, budgets, and schedules during the validation process.
- Manages validation activities ensuring validation are completed within required timeframes and meet quality expectations
- Leads validation engagements covering the business, including assessment of risks, validation planning, testing, control evaluations, memo drafting, and follow-up and verification of issue corrections, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices
- Executes and documents validation tests in alignment with validation procedures and IIA standards
- Assesses agency (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD) and regulatory compliance of Cenlar’s mortgage servicing operations
- Establishes working relationships with business process owner
- Develops written summary of validation findings
- Performs follow-up on open validation items to ensure findings are satisfactorily resolved
- May review peer validation documentation
- Performs validation activities ensuring all controls address the root cause of the issue and are effectively operationalized
- Performs “design of control” assessments and develops and executes test plans in accordance with Internal Audit methodology, standards, and adherence to applicable compliance laws, regulations, and/or guidelines
- Assists in the development of other team members
- Assists in developing and implementing automation to streamline the audit/validation process
- Assists other team members through development of enhanced analytics/diagnostic reports/tools
- Ensures adherence to professional audit standards/guidelines
- Supports continuous process improvement by identifying needs and opportunities, champions common validation process approaches, and recommends process changes to maintain the highest quality standards
- Remains compliant with policies and regulations within their group
- Ensure all activities are in accordance with company and regulatory risk and compliance requirements
- Communicates frequently with manager and contributes to a high performing culture to maximize operational efficiency
- Understands and complies with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties
- Provides support in special projects as directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; advanced degree and/or certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRCM, CAMS, MBA, etc.) preferred
- 7+ years of relevant or related experience required
- In depth understanding of Mortgage Servicing, QA/QC, or Risk Management experience
- Strong project management skills coordinating assignments, tracking/monitoring progress, and reporting on status
- Strong management skills to evaluate opportunities with process improvement within department for area of responsibility and demonstrated ability to facilitate change
- Self-motivated, with capacity to effectively analyze risk and proactively identify issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to business management in a persuasive manner
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with business, desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically
- Proven ability to multitask and assess and change priorities
- Ability to work well individually and in teams, share information, support colleagues, and encourage participation
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience
- Excellent analytical ability, PC skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, MS Project, Power Point, Visio
- Strong ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment
- Strong time management, problem solving, and written and oral communication skills
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.