Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Senior Financial Crimes Analyst.
The Financial Crimes Analysts are responsible for monitoring accounts, performing investigations, documenting findings and making recommendations as to whether a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed, performing customer and client due diligence, assisting with company training programs and other BSA / AML related activities.
- Ensures compliance with the bank’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures and the applicable federal regulations to protect the company from being used as a conduit for illegal activity
- Performs investigations pursuant to customer due diligence and suspicious activity monitoring programs; documents results of investigations; maintains necessary records and files per regulatory and bank requirements to ensure efficient and .consistent reporting of investigations
- Researches, analyzes and investigates customer/borrower account behavior for potential mortgage fraud and money laundering activity referred by internal departments; makes a recommendation as to whether or not a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed
- Researches, analyzes and investigates alerts generated by transaction monitoring reports (i.e. principal curtailment payments, international wire transfers, early payment default loans, revolving line of credit account payments and draws, etc.) for potential mortgage fraud and money laundering; makes a recommendation as to whether or not a SAR should be filed
- Performs 90-day SAR follow-up reviews; makes a recommendation as to whether or not a continuing activity SAR should be filed
- Files SARs with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) as directed within regulatory timeframes and in accordance with BSA / AML compliance policies and procedures
- Documents all investigations and recommendations as to whether a SAR should be filed within the departmental case management system accurately and timely to ensure current and accurate reporting to Board and committees
- Provides investigation results and supporting documentation to client BSA / AML/compliance contacts and GSEs and to law enforcement as requested
- Performs new customer verifications under the bank’s Customer Identification Program (CIP) requirements for purchase loans and assumptions
- Performs due diligence on bank clients
- Performs due diligence and monitoring on borrower accounts deemed a higher risk
- Assists with developing training content and updates and with providing training where necessary
- Assists in responding to regulatory inquiries
- Participates in bank’s BSA / AML / OFAC Committee meetings and external BSA / AML group and committee meetings
- Remains abreast of applicable laws and regulations related to BSA
- Performs other BSA / AML / OFAC compliance related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in BSA / AML / OFAC regulations or fraud investigations
- Must have experience drafting and filing SARs with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time constraints
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Access as well as other applications and software utilized by the department
- Ability to work collaboratively across various departments
- Must be able to work independently
- CAMS or CAFP certification a plus
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.