Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Compliance Analyst Sr.
The Compliance Analysts and Subject Matter Experts are responsible for execution of the assigned Compliance Testing and/or consumer compliance related matters. This position has assigned responsibilities for completing the Compliance Testing in accordance with the Compliance Testing Procedures and Schedule. In addition, this position monitors the first line of defense testing results focusing on findings, trends, and the effectiveness of root cause analysis and remediation plans implemented in the first line.
- Participates in the annual review and update of the Compliance Risk Assessment
- Creates and updates Compliance Testing procedures for each assigned Compliance Test. Procedures include details on:
- Scope of the Test
- Key Business Contacts
- Requested Documentation to Review (i.e. Policy, Procedures, Training, Issues Log, QA Testing Results, Client Audit Results, Regulatory Examination Results, QC Results, Third Party Risk Management Results, Internal Audit Results, Complaints)
- Risk Control Self Assessments
- Transaction Testing Sampling
- Executes assigned Compliance Testing within the timeframe outlined in the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Schedule
- Upon completion Compliance Test, participates in meetings with the Compliance Subject Matter Expert, Business Control Manager and applicable Business Line Management Team to discuss the preliminary findings
- Performs validation testing of the remediation as required
- Validates all first line implementation and QA testing of federal and state regulatory changes
- Validates the remediation of all state and federal regulatory issues identified
- Performs monthly monitoring of first line of defense testing results (i.e. Quality Assurance Testing) reviewing for findings, trends, and effectiveness of root cause analysis and remediation plans implemented in the first line
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 to 6 years of experience in mortgage banking compliance or mortgage lending/mortgage underwriting/servicing compliance; other relevant experience will be considered
- Strong understanding of regulatory processes, activities, and requirements of a mortgage servicing company
- Knowledge of compliance risk management concepts, frameworks, methods, and good governance practice
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment
- Experience with or strong ability to learn mortgage servicing computer systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.