At Hillel's Schusterman International Center, we're looking for someone to connect with people and tell our stories through social media as our Social Media Manager. We are seeking a candidate who can grow and manage Hillel International's social media channels on a daily basis, conceive and execute creative campaigns and engage our online community of students, parents, alumni, donors and the broader Jewish community.
What you're great at:
- Creating compelling and exciting social media content that connects with people and inspires them to engage
- Designing eye-catching graphics and video
- Being a natural storyteller who knows what to say and when to say it
- Understanding core social channels and their nuanced differences, and being able to adjust content appropriately
- Maximizing social media advertising and boosted posts to highlight important programs and opportunities
- Developing and executing long-term social media plans and content calendars
- Measuring results and being able to distill learnings to improve work
- Keeping up with the latest trends and technology to find innovative ways to connect with college students
- Being an advocate for social media to drive business and teach others how they can grow their online community
What you'll bring to the job:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Experience and proven results developing and implementing social content for a brand, school or nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity with HootSuite, SproutSocial and similar social management platforms and social media reporting tools
- Ability to engage and monitor a social community
- Strong graphic design skills
- Experience as a writer and editor who is comfortable writing both short-form social captions and longer blog posts
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Sketch or other graphic design program
- Ability to take portrait and candid photographs
- Ability to film video and make light edits
- A team-oriented approach to work, a strong work ethic, feel at ease managing a project, a sense of humor, an ability to take risks and learn from challenges
As Social Media Manager, a typical day may include:
- Drafting and customizing content to post on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram.
- Working with students who are taking over Hillel’s Snapchat channel for the day
- Designing graphics to draw attention to Hillel's Latin America program
- Planning an interactive campaign to grow Facebook engagement around Passover
- Leading a webinar to teach student leaders how to use WhatsApp and Snapchat to grow event attendance
What you'll own and how you'll grow:
- Establishing and implementing overall social strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Setting goals and objectives for each channel with supervisor — and then, meeting (or exceeding) those goals
- Owning and brainstorming content for Hillel International’s social content calendar and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure key messages are communicated
- Writing copy for all of Hillel International’s social channels
- Customizing content by channel
- Finding ways to engage various audiences, including students, parents, alumni, donors and the broader Jewish community
- Being a steward of the Hillel brand by creating a strong, consistent visual language that reflects our brand
- Graphic design, photography, and video editing.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders, including Digital Marketing, Israel Engagement, Global Leadership, Online Services and other internal departments
- Creating and executing social media advertising plans for various programs and departments, including designing content, scheduling and billing
- Developing and maintaining social media calendars and planned interactive campaigns
- Regular analytical reporting and initiatives to grow social media audience and engagement
- Daily monitoring, listening, and responding to social communities
- Advise campus professionals who are managing social media accounts
- Draft and edit content from Hillel International departments and campus partners for use in social media and website.
- Contribute longform content for print publications, including Hillel College Guide and Annual Reports.
- Oversee content and design of social media tools for campus professionals. Provide feedback and training, when necessary.
Supervision and Professional Growth
- Participate in weekly professional supervision with Director of Communications, weekly team planning meetings and collaboration with digital communication vendor.
- Participate in ongoing Jewish learning and growth with other staff members.
- Opportunities for professional development classes and courses to keep skills up to date.
What you'll get out of it:
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities, and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center:
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.