UMass Hillel, located in the beautiful college town of Amherst, Massachusetts in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts is an independent non-profit organization that serves as the vibrant center of Jewish life for the UMass Amherst campus. With 10 active Jewish student groups, a dedicated staff team, and a diverse range of programs and learning opportunities that engage nearly 1,000 students annually, UMass Hillel is a lively and dynamic place to work. UMass Hillel is proudly affiliated with Hillel International, with whom we partner in our mission to enrich the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.
As a vital member of the UMass Hillel staff, the Office Manager is responsible for a range of administrative duties that enable the organization to function smoothly and successfully. The Office Manager is often a first point of contact for students, vendors, donors, and visitors to campus. This is a part-time position (15-25 hours per week) with possibility for growth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
General Office Support
- Receive, sort and send mail and deliveries
- Process checks and invoices
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and orders, obtaining price comparisons for new orders as needed
- Maintain organizational files
- Scan and copy documents, assist staff with printing needs
- Serve as a liaison with external vendors (phone, postage machine, copier, others)
- Set up and troubleshoot phones, internet and equipment
- Maintain software and online accounts
- Submit work study payroll
- Coordinate internal staff gatherings, celebrations and trainings
- Data entry and management projects
- Arrange staff travel for conferences
- Respond to inquiries from students, visitors, donors, vendors and other constituents
- Support Executive Director and other senior staff in scheduling meetings
- Communicate information and reminders relevant to all staff
- Update user-friendly UMass Hillel website
- Filter and direct inquiries related to programming and student opportunities including managing Hillel general email account
Human Resource Support
- Support Executive Director and senior staff with tasks related to hiring (job posting, collecting and filing paperwork, setting up accounts), and serving as a liaison with Hillel International on Human Resources related items
- Communicate important health insurance and other Human Resources related information to staff
Board Related Support
- Maintain, organize and update organizational documents
- Manage and organize logistics for quarterly board meetings including the preparation of materials for distribution
- Table and represent Hillel at occasional events such as New Student Orientations
- Occasionally serve as a greeter at large events such as High Holiday services or fundraising events
- Other tasks and projects as needed
- For a candidate with relevant skillsets, this position may also include, or grow to include, communications work including e-blasts, social media, and creation of flyers.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Alignment with UMass Hillel organizational mission and values
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in an office environment
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to organize and prioritize work independently
- Capable of handling confidential information with discretion
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively
- The ideal candidate will be tech savvy and familiar with software and online platforms such as Wufoo, Google apps, Dropbox, Facebook and MailChimp
What You’ll Receive:
- Hourly wage of $15-20 per hour commensurate with experience
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- Flexible hours
- Work as part of a great staff team in a mission driven organization
- Opportunities for professional development
About UMass Hillel:
UMass Hillel is a vibrant and extremely active Hillel, located next to the UMass Amherst campus. With over 2,000 Jewish students on campus, UMass Hillel is a home away from home for hundreds of students. With 10 Jewish student groups and a fun and dedicated large staff team, we offer a huge range of meaningful programming and opportunities. We are located in the beautiful college town of Amherst in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
UMass Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.