Make your mark on Jewish and campus life at Trinity College by becoming the Hillel Program Manager. Your role will be to bring your passion for building Jewish community to create opportunities that engage both Jewish and wider student communities. You will inspire and mentor students on their own Jewish journeys through one-on-one meetings, and creative cultural, religious, and social programming. You will greatly enhance the two person staff of Hillel, complementing the work of the Hillel Director at the Zachs Hillel House. As Hillel Program Manager you will be a full partner in shaping Jewish life on campus by developing, supporting and participating in all aspects of running the organization with students, as well as staff and faculty from academic departments and other student groups who support our work on campus.
What You’ll Do
- Build upon your commitment to Jewish pluralism and your own comfort with your Jewish identity to help create a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment.
- Develop appropriate one-to-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live and study. Utilize creative methods to reach and interest them in the life of the College and the Hillel mission.
- Meet with students from different cohorts and demographics on campus to engage them, identify their interests and connect them to opportunities.
- Supervise student interns who are responsible for engaging their peers in Jewish life and Israel on campus.
- Support student-initiated programs and empower student leaders to provide accessible, relevant, and engaging programming on campus. Work collaboratively with segments of the student leadership to develop programming and build positive on-going relationships with students.
- Work with Hillel Director and students to create and implement a wide range of programs, including Shabbat and holiday celebrations, social opportunities, social justice projects and Jewish learning opportunities.
- Oversee marketing, social media; maintain participant tracking database.
- Provide day to day oversight and administrative support for the Zachs Hillel House. .
- Liaison as needed to relevant campus offices and groups that support Hillel on campus.
- Be a partner with colleagues in Student Life on campus wide events such as orientation, family weekend, commencement, reunion, etc.
What You’ve Accomplished
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in Jewish communal work, experiential or higher education. Hillel experience preferred.
- Experience with social media and networking. Strategically networking and building partnerships with young adults, among others
- Ability to plan and implement social, cultural or educational programs
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality across all areas
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A passion for pluralism and comfort with your Jewish identity so you may be a role model for emerging adults.
- Background in Judaism and Israeli culture,
- Familiarity with higher education and campus settings
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Superb written and verbal skills.
- Openness to bridging cultural divides.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in a non-profit marketplace
- Mentorship/coaching on an ongoing basis
- A generous, comprehensive benefits package
- Great professional development and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally (New York and Boston) and abroad, particularly to Israel
- Most of your summers off! This is a ten month position.
About Trinity College Hillel
Each year, an energetic group of committed students builds a creative and vibrant Jewish community at Trinity, well integrated into the fabric of campus life. Students at Trinity typically focus their energies on more than one organization, so natural connections with many cultural houses, athletics, Greek organizations and everyone in between are integral to Hillel experiences, creating both expected and unexpected partnerships on campus. Located between Boston and New York, the Hartford area offers an affordable urban experience in a capital city with great restaurants, theater, music, and the beautiful scenery of the northeast close-by. The Hartford area is home to a robust Jewish community with many synagogues of all denominations, a great JCC, and plenty of opportunities to make a big impact as a Jewish professional!
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Trinity Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/1887.