Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillel at Binghamton as the Program Director. You will drive Hillel forward by thinking big, empowering students, and creating a warm and inclusive environment for Jewish life on campus. You will work side by side with students and staff, helping every student on campus connect to Jewish life, learning, and Israel. This role will take part in every aspect of Hillel programming from dreams to reality, and planning to implementation.
The Program Director will work with staff and student leadership to elevate the overall programmatic quality of Hillel at Binghamton. This position will mentor and empower student leadership by supporting major programmatic initiatives, provide guidance for weekly Hillel programs, and oversee the program budget.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with student leadership to create an overall programmatic vision for Hillel and oversee its implementation in all departments
- Advise and oversee the Shabbat experience, empowering students from diverse Jewish background to create and lead pluralistic Shabbat services and programming
- Oversee and collaborate with student leadership on publicity, including website maintenance, student newspaper advertisements, weekly email, and other promotional materials
- Support for staff and student groups, fostering the development of a rich and dynamic programming calendar
- Every day will be new and exciting! Some of the things you may do are:
- Meet with student leaders to help them develop innovative programs and improve existing programs
- Work with the student executive board to develop high-quality leadership training
- Meet with your colleagues to discuss engagement tactics in relation to student programming
- Collaborate with students on updating Hillel’s social media platforms, sending out weekly emails, and developing promotional materials
What You’ve Accomplished
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Jewish, experiential or higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree is a plus.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and constituents
- A strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
- Expert collaborative leadership skills with a strong, innovative entrepreneurial spirit
- An attitude of proactive communication, strong relationship-building skills, and comfort working with people of backgrounds different from your own
- A passion for working with college students on a college campus
- Commitment to pluralism and promote the expression of our Jewish denominations on campus
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is competitive with other nonprofit organizations and commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D, and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- A warm and welcoming Jewish community eager to embrace you comprised of deeply passionate students, devoted staff, and supportive community members
- Unlimited amounts of coffee
- Plenty of Hillel swag
About Hillel at Binghamton
Hillel at Binghamton is home to passionate, driven, and hardworking students who will impress you the moment you set foot on campus. Year after year, the students, with the help of dedicated staff, work towards the Hillel mission and vision to provide a pluralistic Jewish hub to Jewish students who call Binghamton home. Hillel at Binghamton encompasses 16 student-run subgroups. From Challah for Hunger to Keshet, the LGBTQ+ group, to Bearcats for Israel, and 3G, the third generation descendants of Holocaust survivors group, Hillel’s diverse offerings ensure students can live a holistic Jewish life while in college. Hillel at Binghamton has created longlasting partnerships with the Judaic studies department, Israel Studies department, the Jewish Community Center, Chabad, and local synagogues of all denominations.
About Binghamton, NY:
The Jewish community in the greater Binghamton area is dedicated and tight-knit. Binghamton hosts three different synagogues in its area including Beth David, an Orthodox synagogue, Temple Israel, a Conservative synagogue, and Temple Concord, a Reform synagogue. There is a Jewish Community Center five minutes from campus and a Jewish Elementary School that functions in Temple Israel’s building.
There is fun all year round in Binghamton. Some of the most popular activities include apple, blueberry, and pumpkin picking, visiting the Binghamton Zoo, attending baseball or hockey games or eating at any of the unique restaurants all over. Additionally, transportation is a breeze with local Broome County buses running around the city as well as a ground transportation center with Greyhound, Megabus, and Coach USA going to New York City and other surrounding cities.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel at Binghamton is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel.
Apply at www.Hillel.org/Job and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.