Northeastern Hillel is seeking a full-time IACT Coordinator /Israel Engagement for its IACT Campus Program - IACT (Inspired, Active, Committed, Transformed) is an initiative that builds on the success of Taglit –Birthright Israel by providing support and inspiration to students before and after their trip. This is a unique position for a candidate with 1-2 years of work experience and who is skilled in organizing, marketing, event planning, and program development. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate previous successful implementation of creative ideas.
The IACT Coordinator will work with students prior to their departure and upon their return from their Taglit-Birthright Israel experiences developing activities to engage students in Jewish life on campus, by encouraging them to become involved as leaders and participants in student-organized Jewish programming and groups, and by directing them to and facilitating their participation in existing Israel-related opportunities on and off campus.
The main goals for the Coordinator include:
- Expanding the number of Taglit-Birthright Israel trip participants from his/her assigned campus through effective recruitment and marketing strategies.
- Engaging Taglit-Birthright Israel participants in continued campus activities and Jewish life in the areas of Israel education/advocacy, community service, and Jewish life and learning; developing personalized follow-up and individual Jewish/Israel plans with Taglit-Birthright alumni to deepen individuals’ connection to Jewish life.
- Transforming campus Jewish life, with the Taglit-Birthright Israel participants as a core group through which others are engaged and brought into Jewish activities.
- Advising and overseeing the activities of student groups relating to Jewish Life/ Israel-programming and education.
- Self-driven and motivated, with energy and enthusiasm for Israel programming and travel.
- Self-starting, motivated to seek out opportunities and projects.
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups, outgoing and personable.
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage projects, with many moving parts, to set timetables and adhere to deadlines.
- Prior travel experience in Israel, and a familiarity with Israel and Judaism.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Jewish education and outreach.
- Knowledge of Israeli society and culture.
- Strong Marketing Background
- BA or equivalent.
- Proven leadership skills, and the capacity for effective teamwork and group leadership.
This position is full time and includes a comprehensive package of health benefits, vacation and sick time, and a competitive salary.
About Northeastern Hillel
Northeastern Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel.
Northeastern Hillel provides a welcoming, pluralistic Jewish community on campus that supports students in their transition to, and throughout, their university experience. We co-create action opportunities with students to explore and live their values, both on and off-campus. NU Hillel offers students opportunities to develop a meaningful relationship with Israel, including opportunities to study, volunteer, Coop, and tour in Israel.
Hillel helps students find a balance in being distinctively Jewish and universally human by encouraging them to pursue social justice and repair the world (tzedek and tikkun olam), engage in Jewish learning and knowledge (da’at), and to support Israel and global Jewish peoplehood (kehillah).
Northeastern Hillel’s students, staff, and volunteer leaders are proud of our strong reputation for innovation. Our initiatives are adapted for use by Jewish and Israel advocacy organizations and universities each year.
About Northeastern University
Located in Boston, Northeastern University is a private research university with an estimated Jewish population of 1,250 students and a total undergraduate population of 18,000 students and graduate population of 7,000 students. Northeastern features a cooperative education program that integrates classroom study with professional experience on seven continents and a comprehensive study abroad program.
Northeastern offers undergraduate majors in 65 departments. Academics at Northeastern is grounded in the liberal arts and in the integration of classroom studies with experiential learning opportunities, including cooperative education, student research, service learning, and global experience, including study abroad and international co-op opportunities.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Northeastern Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.