Hillel International is seeking a motivated, organized, detail-oriented and productive self-starter to serve as a Campaign Services Associate to support Hillel’s international fundraising initiatives and help ensure that Hillel reaches its ambitious system-wide fundraising goals. The Campaign Services Associate will be actively engaged in supporting all aspects of Hillel’s fundraising efforts, which are focused on donor cultivation, research and stewardship.
Hillel International seeks to be a model in the development and integration of lay leaders in its important mission. Through its Global Leadership Pillar, Hillel aims to implement a comprehensive plan for engaging lay leaders and donors of local, national, and global affiliates of Hillel International to deepen their leadership and financial participation, thereby strengthening the movement and driving excellence.
This role is based in our Washington, DC office and will report to the Associate Director of Campaign Services.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Participate as a core member of the Campaign Services Team to support Hillel International’s goals of identifying, cultivating, and stewarding donors for the Schusterman International Center.
- Provide individualized stewardship and strategic communication for Schusterman International Center donors, along with the Associate Director of Campaign Services.
- Support global leadership team members by conducting and composing focused donor/prospect biographies/research profiles as needed to support donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Collect and curate materials and documents about Hillel International programs and initiatives to be used by global leadership team members and other senior professionals and lay leaders at the Schusterman International Center.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Global Leadership cultivation events for current and prospective supporters.
- Update donor database accounts with donor information and interactions on behalf of global leadership team members and other senior professionals and lay leaders at the Schusterman International Center.
- Prepare, review and proof donor correspondence and documents.
- Interact with donor database to pull donor and data reports.
- Accommodate and coordinate visits to the Hillel International office by donors, prospects, foundation professionals, and other special guests.
- Special projects as needed.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- A keen eye for detail and pride in the quality of your work.
- A passion for Hillel’s mission and the future of the Jewish people.
- Familiarity with fundraising events and Salesforce (or other CRM systems) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to learn and grow while working hard in an exciting, fun team environment.
- An entrepreneurial, hard-charging, can-do nature.
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of fundraising experience.
What you do well:
- Getting inspired by others’ passions and helping them use their passions to make an impact in the world.
- Using your finely tuned radar for planning and execution to catch the details that others might miss.
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment which entails prioritizing among multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work well with others and be able to communicate and engage with a multitude of stakeholders: colleagues, donors, or volunteers.
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities, and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center:
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
To apply to this job as a returning applicant, please log in and click on “Add to my Jobs”.
If your most recent application was submitted prior to December 19th, 2016 you will need to create a new password. Your username will remain the same. If you submitted an application after December 19th, 2016, please input your e-mail address and password below to login. For questions, please email email@example.com.