About UMass Hillel
UMass Hillel, located in the beautiful college town of Amherst, Massachusetts is an independent non-profit organization that serves as the vibrant center of Jewish life for the UMass Amherst campus. Our mission is to empower students through the vitality of Jewish life to cultivate purposeful, healthy lives and relationships that better our community and world. With 10 active Jewish student groups, a dedicated staff team, and a diverse range of programs and learning opportunities that engage nearly 1,000 students annually, UMass Hillel is a lively and dynamic place to work. UMass Hillel is proudly affiliated with Hillel International, with whom we partner in our mission to enrich the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.
UMass Hillel is seeking a half-time Development Associate to be a key member of our fundraising team. The position reports directly to our Director of Advancement and plays an vital role in the successful implementation of UMass Hillel’s annual campaign and other elements of our fundraising plan that enable us to fulfill our mission. This position is a great opportunity to work as part of a wonderful staff team in a dynamic community of students, alumni, parents and a range of other stakeholders.
- Implement UMass Hillel’s direct response fundraising including four to six annual appeal letters. This includes formatting letters, doing mail merges and managing print production of direct mail solicitations, coordinating with UMass Bulk Mail, and use of National Change of Address.
- Implement various online campaigns such as UMass Gives Days, e-blasts, and other fundraising communications.
- Process donations and maintain weekly log of incoming gifts, including tributes, hard and soft credits, workplace gifts, grants, event sponsorships, online gifts, monthly donations, and other gift types.
- Maintain log of non-donation income including grant and allocations, and rental income.
- Prepare donations, other checks and invoices for accountant to process.
- Prepare acknowledgment letters and pledge reminders.
- Maintain and update DonorPerfect database, ensuring accurate and up-to-date donor information.
- Assist with scheduling of donor meetings and calendaring.
- Prepare materials for prospect and donor meetings for Director of Advancement and Executive Director.
- Supervise work-study students
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience supporting a non-profit development office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication
- Direct experience and strong skills with donor databases required – DonorPerfect or DonorPerfect Online preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and manage multiple projects
- Skilled at handling confidential information with discretion
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Alignment with organizational mission and values
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong work ethic and high-performance standards
- Experience coordinating meetings preferred
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Generous accrued vacation and sick time
- Professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Opportunity to work with a fun staff team in a dynamic mission driven organization!
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume, cover letter and contact information for three references.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
To apply to this job as a returning applicant, please log in and click on “Add to my Jobs”.
If your most recent application was submitted prior to December 19th, 2016 you will need to create a new password. Your username will remain the same. If you submitted an application after December 19th, 2016, please input your e-mail address and password below to login. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.