At Kum & Go our purpose is to make days better. Our Vice President of Marketing & Communications is a key brand & digital strategist for bringing this purpose to life for our customers & associates. We are looking for an innovative marketing leader who is dedicated to building our brand with a social purpose, driving digital transformation, and helping our business achieve its purpose and vision.
What you’ll do as the Kum & Go Vice President of Marketing & Communication
- Develop short and long term strategic marketing initiatives to achieve the company’s purpose to “Make Days Better”
- Provide leadership to Kum & Go’s brand strategy, marketing initiatives, digital transformation, and communications & corporate social responsibility strategies to drive customer & associate engagement and innovation in our stores
- Serve the company as a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team with a keen understanding of our business, marketing, and how to enable our growth
- Develop a strong Marketing & Communications team
- Develop initiatives, programs, and communications to further develop our brand experience, digital revenue stream, understand our customers’ needs, drive customer engagement & expand customer loyalty
- Use customer data & analytics to understand customer insights to inform marketing strategies that drive sales
What we’re looking for
- Strong interest and experience in digital marketing, mobile ordering, loyalty, and driving new digital revenue streams
- Interest and passion in driving corporate social responsibility and as integral part of our brand and a passion for social purpose
- Strong track record of growing and developing brands and a broad marketing background
- Experience in a progressive food , restaurant, or retail organization is a plus
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion - We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork - We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring - We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence - We expect and deliver superior performance.
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
Kum & Go is an Equal Opportunity Employer